Jones boards? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jones boards?

Anyone ridden these? I've been checking them out and they seem pretty nice.
I currently ride a NS Raptor, and some of them look like they might be fun to ride, but I have not seen or heard much of them around here.

Anyone have any experience with them?
AdamBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBQ View Post
Anyone ridden these? I've been checking them out and they seem pretty nice.
I currently ride a NS Raptor, and some of them look like they might be fun to ride, but I have not seen or heard much of them around here.

Anyone have any experience with them?
Have not ridden one personally, but there is tons of info on the forums, check out the search feature but be sure to sort by thread. That way you can get specific info

What exactly were you wondering?
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

I did do a search, but because Jeremy Jones himself comes up a lot, it was a bit tricky. Especially because there is two of them But I did try to find some info on them through the forums and didn't see any.

I dont know what specific info I was looking for. . . This forum turned me onto NS and I loved my Legacy and Raptor. Some of the Jones boards seem to match my riding style a decent bit, but I haven't heard a lot of about the boards themselves, so I was curious if anyone had any first hand knowledge.
AdamBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

They're legit. Pressed by Nidecker.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Rooster King

the splitboards from them have taken until the last couple of weeks to make it to riders that preordered before the season. they have shipped them out with defects and sloppy 'seconds bin' worthy graphics.

i don't know about the solids and quality control, but i won't buy any board from them until they get their shit together. fiddled with a mountain twin and a solution at the store and they seemed very lightweight. cool shapes too.

some of them are made in Tunisia.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
the splitboards from them have taken until the last couple of weeks to make it to riders that preordered before the season. they have shipped them out with defects and sloppy 'seconds bin' worthy graphics.

i don't know about the solids and quality control, but i won't buy any board from them until they get their shit together. fiddled with a mountain twin and a solution at the store and they seemed very lightweight. cool shapes too.

Interesting. I haven't seen any of their splits, only solids.

As far as I know, Nidecker is still the manufacturer of all the Jones boards. That sucks if they're having production issues though. If so, Jones should seek out another manufacturer. Fuck his relationship with Nidecker. If they're not holding up they're end of the bargain, find someone who will.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Rooster King

Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Jones Solution 2011-2012

Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Hovercraft Split
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post

Man that looks awful.. I preordered a 152 Hovercraft solid over the summer and the only stuff they have left now is blemished gear which the shop I ordered from is getting for me . Didn't realize the blem would end up being asymmetrical topsheet.. looks terrible. That is pretty disappointing.
eek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think it is a Nidecker issue. They seemed to press certain sizes of YES snowboards really late as well.
kingkoajmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Nidecker is awful. Jones are light as shit, but not damp. The Flagship is a fucking tank. Stiffest thing in my old shop by a mile, but again, all that bamboo to make it light means you feel what you ride over. Jones means you need great dampening in your bindings and boots.

I don't know how J.J. rides those boards with Unions and Deeluxe. Maybe the highest end Deeluxes have great dampening, but they're the only boots in my old shop without liners. Not even like Salomon F series no liners, just like early 2000's no liners. My main complaint with Union was the lack of shock in the heels. All that and the gnarly shit he rides over at high speeds? Damn I feel bad for his knees and P.T.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote