NS Proto top sheet on SL - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS Proto top sheet on SL

I picked up a Proto this year and my buddy got an SL. We swapped boards for a few runs recently and I was very surprised how different the boards felt, from what I've read here I guess I thought they'd be two drops of water. I could feel the setback stance of the SL, it felt stiffer and more stable on flats. The Proto feels like it wants to play more- good but i need to learn to control it more, I am used to my old rev camber setup. But anyhow, my buddy loved the Proto top sheet and wants to duplicate that on his SL- is such a thing? Maybe some crazy 3M film or other non-stomp pad solution that can be applied to the SL top? I'm guessing not, but worth a shot- it'd be cool if NS offered that ballin top sheet as an upgrade on all boards!
ScottVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I work at a sign shop, we have a textured floor graphic laminate that i'm gonna try on my 2010 Evo. Not quite the same as the Proto top-sheet but it's made to be non-slip in the wet so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Should be able to ride it this week so i'll try remember to let you know how it goes.

Product is Mactac PF6538 for ref.
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Nope. One day on Whis and the peel has started. Seems the adhesive didn't like the cold temps

Haven't seen anything else in my travels either
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottVD View Post
I picked up a Proto this year and my buddy got an SL. We swapped boards for a few runs recently and I was very surprised how different the boards felt, from what I've read here I guess I thought they'd be two drops of water. I could feel the setback stance of the SL, it felt stiffer and more stable on flats. The Proto feels like it wants to play more- good but i need to learn to control it more, I am used to my old rev camber setup. But anyhow, my buddy loved the Proto top sheet and wants to duplicate that on his SL- is such a thing? Maybe some crazy 3M film or other non-stomp pad solution that can be applied to the SL top? I'm guessing not, but worth a shot- it'd be cool if NS offered that ballin top sheet as an upgrade on all boards!
I think this year we may see a new board.

If you're big enough you can always grab a Heritage
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

There have been a number of companies provide custom topsheet stickers made from floor graphic materials over the years, but I'm not sure anyone is currently offering the service. It doesn't stick to the board all that well and it really isn't anything like a snowboard topsheet. The topsheet is typically printed prior to the assembly or layup process, and is about .020in to .030in thick. It is laminated to the top of the board with the same epoxy resin that holds the board together. I made a video on the printing process we, and many other manufacturers, use last year. You can see it here:
Donek Snowboards topsheet dye sublimation - YouTube
http://www.donek.com/
877.53.donek
donek is offline   Reply With Quote