NS Proto top sheet on SL - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NS Proto top sheet on SL

I picked up a Proto this year and my buddy got an SL. We swapped boards for a few runs recently and I was very surprised how different the boards felt, from what I've read here I guess I thought they'd be two drops of water. I could feel the setback stance of the SL, it felt stiffer and more stable on flats. The Proto feels like it wants to play more- good but i need to learn to control it more, I am used to my old rev camber setup. But anyhow, my buddy loved the Proto top sheet and wants to duplicate that on his SL- is such a thing? Maybe some crazy 3M film or other non-stomp pad solution that can be applied to the SL top? I'm guessing not, but worth a shot- it'd be cool if NS offered that ballin top sheet as an upgrade on all boards!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

I work at a sign shop, we have a textured floor graphic laminate that i'm gonna try on my 2010 Evo. Not quite the same as the Proto top-sheet but it's made to be non-slip in the wet so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Should be able to ride it this week so i'll try remember to let you know how it goes.

Product is Mactac PF6538 for ref.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Nope. One day on Whis and the peel has started. Seems the adhesive didn't like the cold temps

Haven't seen anything else in my travels either
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottVD View Post
I picked up a Proto this year and my buddy got an SL. We swapped boards for a few runs recently and I was very surprised how different the boards felt, from what I've read here I guess I thought they'd be two drops of water. I could feel the setback stance of the SL, it felt stiffer and more stable on flats. The Proto feels like it wants to play more- good but i need to learn to control it more, I am used to my old rev camber setup. But anyhow, my buddy loved the Proto top sheet and wants to duplicate that on his SL- is such a thing? Maybe some crazy 3M film or other non-stomp pad solution that can be applied to the SL top? I'm guessing not, but worth a shot- it'd be cool if NS offered that ballin top sheet as an upgrade on all boards!
I think this year we may see a new board.

If you're big enough you can always grab a Heritage
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 10:05 PM

There have been a number of companies provide custom topsheet stickers made from floor graphic materials over the years, but I'm not sure anyone is currently offering the service. It doesn't stick to the board all that well and it really isn't anything like a snowboard topsheet. The topsheet is typically printed prior to the assembly or layup process, and is about .020in to .030in thick. It is laminated to the top of the board with the same epoxy resin that holds the board together. I made a video on the printing process we, and many other manufacturers, use last year. You can see it here:
Donek Snowboards topsheet dye sublimation - YouTube

Sean Martin
President - Donek Snowboards Inc.
smartin@donek.com
http://www.donek.com/
877.53.donek

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode