2012 Flow Verve Base Help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lab

Default 2012 Flow Verve Base Help

I bought a 2012 flow verve this year and so far am loving it. As far as preformance this board is perfect for what I want.

However, after going out for the 4th time this year, I noticed that the base has started to either rub off or the wax is building up, I can't really tell. Basically, the middle of the base is fine (middle being from tip to tail, away form edges) but the parts next to the edges (the main contact points esp.) seem to be rubbing off. It is a bit "furry" almost and is rather rough. I don't currently have any true wax/iron, but I do have rub on wax/cork that I use every other trip usually. Whenever I rub it over the affected areas, it smoothes it out but it still lookes white, like the wax is built up.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the base or just wax build up, but it is starting to worry me a little. It is under warranty for another year so if it is serious fixing it shouldnt be an issue, but I don't want to overreact if it's not a big deal.

Thanks in advance
Lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Needs a hot wax and at most a base grind. Thats all.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

my merc is doing the same thing, it doesn't really go away after a hot wax. I just assumed is was do to the convex base the E-Z Rock boards have.

But i really don't know
C.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's probably from not waxing it soon enough after you bought it and rode it. A factory wax is good for maybe 2 days.

Get is grinded, hot waxed, and you're good.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Ice coast, bulletproof is hard on bases. Make sure you learn how to wax, so you don't wear out bases more quickly.

Base burn is just that, the base is getting too much friction with the ice, and causing to to burn. Wax takes away part of the friction. rub on rubs off. Hot wax is absorbed.

hoping this base is sintered.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab View Post
I bought a 2012 flow verve this year and so far am loving it. As far as preformance this board is perfect for what I want.

However, after going out for the 4th time this year, I noticed that the base has started to either rub off or the wax is building up, I can't really tell. Basically, the middle of the base is fine (middle being from tip to tail, away form edges) but the parts next to the edges (the main contact points esp.) seem to be rubbing off. It is a bit "furry" almost and is rather rough. I don't currently have any true wax/iron, but I do have rub on wax/cork that I use every other trip usually. Whenever I rub it over the affected areas, it smoothes it out but it still lookes white, like the wax is built up.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the base or just wax build up, but it is starting to worry me a little. It is under warranty for another year so if it is serious fixing it shouldnt be an issue, but I don't want to overreact if it's not a big deal.

Thanks in advance
Learn how to wax so you can do it at home when you need to. Rub on wax is worthless. My buddy stupidly had a shop put rub on wax on his board and it was gone halfway down the first run
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote