Ride Kink vs Capita Indoor Survival - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ride Kink vs Capita Indoor Survival

Okay so What do you guys think, I bought a T.Rice HP and after around 9 days of riding park realize that I should keep it off the rails( I beat the living hell out of it ) any ways I want to progress my jibbing more, but I dont like super soft boards at all... At the same time I will be out with my friends hitting up the park and also hitting up some jumps. So Im thinking that these boards are pretty good for this stuff. and for jibbing im thinking flat rocker boards are where I'm at,and I know they can handle most jumps, probably get the board in 150 Im 140lbs and just about 5"9. What do you guys think? and I guess the indoor is getting a little expensive for something I'm going to most likely destroy but money really is not an issue. I just want somthing thats playful in comparison to my T.R HP. but dont get me wrong I LOVE that board, Its just it not having a full rap edge is kinda sucking and wasting my time in repair shops. Love the pop off of jumps though... Kinda too much... Always overshooting...
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

why not a k2 fastplant if you're trashing your boards. my indoor survival didn't really fit my riding style. it exceled well at jumps and was med-soft on the nose and tail, but the camber wasn't ideal for rails and really didn't feel like an all mountain board. edge hold on ice is non-existant and chattery.
casper3043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good idea! I was thinking about that but it idk... I was thinking that a fast plant was a little stiffer. Also It felt a little heavy. But the 5 year warranty does seem nice...
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the kink is going to be much more durable than the capita.

maybe try the box scratcher? should be more durable than the trice hp
Old 01-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Signal Park Flat is perfect for you. Kink is a jibstick, not great at anything else. Best thing about the Indoor was it was fun in deeper snow in-bounds. Otherwise mine was mediocre everywhere else.

I weigh 150 and ride a Signal Park Flat 152 everywhere in the park, super goos on jibs but still enough board to send on jumps. So the 150 is probably doable, but it will be more jib oriented than anything else.

Also, the Signal sintered bases are some of the most durable bases i have ever ridden.

And its cheaper than the Indoor or BoxScratcher.

Second best option is probably the Flow Verve.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote