Elan Inverse weight. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Elan Inverse weight.

Hello guys,
anyone know the weight of the Elan Inverse in a 155?
Cheers Wolfy.
wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

What is it with board weights?Like state secrets or what?
Can't find any info anywhere.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well first because there is decent variation between individual boards of the same length and manufacturer's don't want to deal with nit-picky customers who return boards that are "defective" because they differ from the reported weight.

Secondly it is not a useful bit of information to most people aside from backcountry riders and even then it is only one of many issues they look at. A bunch of weight measurements can be found on splitboard.com

Most people who ride a stiff, damp board will mistakenly think it is "heavy" because it "feels" like it takes a lot of effort to move, but they are wrong. Some people also think longer boards weigh a lot more, that is not necessarily try. I had a Rad Air Tanker 172 that weighed less than the Burton Vapour 155 and/or the Elan Inverse 155 (which a few years ago were considered the "lightest" board made).

Really aside from a very basic light/average/heavy... you don't need to know the actual numbers for board weight.

BTW... you didn't specify what year Elan Inverse 155.

Last edited by lonerider; 01-05-2012 at 06:24 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Well first because there is decent variation between individual boards of the same length and manufacturer's don't want to deal with nit-picky customers who return boards that are "defective" because they differ from the reported weight.

Secondly it is not a useful bit of information to most people aside from backcountry riders and even then it is only one of many issues they look at. A bunch of weight measurements can be found on splitboard.com

Most people who ride a stiff, damp board will mistakenly think it is "heavy" because it "feels" like it takes a lot of effort to move, but they are wrong. Some people also think longer boards weigh a lot more, that is not necessarily try. I had a Rad Air Tanker 172 that weighed less than the Burton Vapour 155 and/or the Elan Inverse 155 (which a few years ago were considered the "lightest" board made).

Really aside from a very basic light/average/heavy... you don't need to know the actual numbers for board weight.

BTW... you didn't specify what year Elan Inverse 155.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm just getting back into boarding and was looking at a new setup.Th board i've got is ancient and always felt like a brick on my feet so i was assuming it was a heave rig.I've weighed the board and bindings and it comes in at 10lb 3.5oz
Is that heavy with respect to todays setups? It's 155.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I'm just getting back into boarding and was looking at a new setup.Th board i've got is ancient and always felt like a brick on my feet so i was assuming it was a heave rig.I've weighed the board and bindings and it comes in at 10lb 3.5oz
Is that heavy with respect to todays setups? It's 155.
What is you setup (year, brand, model)?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
What is you setup (year, brand, model)?
It's an old liquid board with Preston bindings year about '98!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
It's an old liquid board with Preston bindings year about '98!
My splitboard form 2006 with Spark bindings is probably around the same weight, but I can guarantee you it would feel a lot "lighter" and easier to ride.

Newer boards are lighter... but so much else has changed as well in the last decade and a half, that the board will feel a lot easier to control (requiring less physical effort and and thereby feel "lighter")... Kesslers (race boards) still weigh 10-15 lbs without bindings (maybe up to 18-20 lbs with bindings)... but I think they've been ridden by the Gold/Silver winners the last three Olympics so they must be doing something right.

Feel free to buy anything made in the last few years (like 2009, 2010, or 2011) to save some money and still enjoy most of the benefits of technological progress.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
My splitboard form 2006 with Spark bindings is probably around the same weight, but I can guarantee you it would feel a lot "lighter" and easier to ride.

Newer boards are lighter... but so much else has changed as well in the last decade and a half, that the board will feel a lot easier to control (requiring less physical effort and and thereby feel "lighter")... Kesslers (race boards) still weigh 10-15 lbs without bindings (maybe up to 18-20 lbs with bindings)... but I think they've been ridden by the Gold/Silver winners the last three Olympics so they must be doing something right.

Feel free to buy anything made in the last few years (like 2009, 2010, or 2011) to save some money and still enjoy most of the benefits of technological progress.
Do you think weight of boots can compound the issue?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Do you think weight of boots can compound the issue?
Again... like the board... boots now a days are lighter... BUT AGAIN, it's not the weight difference that is the most important factor - the newer designs and materials that help the boot fit your foot better and give you support when you are snowboarding are in general going to be much more important factors for snowboarding on the snow (I'm going to guess that you are not an aerialist).
Old 01-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Again... like the board... boots now a days are lighter... BUT AGAIN, it's not the weight difference that is the most important factor - the newer designs and materials that help the boot fit your foot better and give you support when you are snowboarding are in general going to be much more important factors for snowboarding on the snow (I'm going to guess that you are not an aerialist).
Was an aerialist one afternoon in Andorra-spent the night in hospital.