2013 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread - Page 49 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #481 (permalink)

So you guys would ride a pink board with unicorns, rainbows, and carebears on it? Since people are dropping $400+ dollars on a deck they might as well like the graphics on it. It definitely shouldn't be the sole determination for choosing a board, but riders can spend their money anyway they want (hookers included). BTW, I would rock the board I described above if the unicorn was pooping out the rainbow and puking out zombie carebears
sil_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #482 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil_23 View Post
So you guys would ride a pink board with unicorns, rainbows, and carebears on it? Since people are dropping $400+ dollars on a deck they might as well like the graphics on it. It definitely shouldn't be the sole determination for choosing a board, but riders can spend their money anyway they want (hookers included). BTW, I would rock the board I described above if the unicorn was pooping out the rainbow and puking out zombie carebears
Dude if they would make a board with the design you described at the bottom I would totally rock it!!!!
rscott22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #483 (permalink)
The Rooster King

Quote:
f the unicorn was pooping out the rainbow and puking out zombie carebears
well now that would be a super sweet graphic, and i would buy the board regardless of how shitty it rides
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #484 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
You obviously don't know how bad I want this. FWIW I'm riding a board with a Unicorn on it.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #485 (permalink)

Quote:
Yup, if it was a board I wanted to ride then absolutely, wouldn't even think twice. I look at the shape, flex, construction, size, etc. Graphics are literally the last thing I consider when I buy a board. Actually there is no consideration given at all. I buy a snowboard to ride it no stare at it.

I agree with you that people can spend their money on whatever they want, but I think that graphics create bad board buying decisions. When you buy a board based solely on its graphic, then that is a problem. I see it all the time, people buy boards they have no business riding and their only buying decision is based on a graphic. If you don't ride the park or switch and all you do is just ride down the mtn, why would you buy a soft park board.

People need to think about how they want to ride not how cool their snowboard looks sitting on a wall. Unless of course that is the only reason you buy snowboards.
conwayeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #486 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
FWIW I'm riding a board with a Unicorn on it.
Why you no own the Limited DH?Unicorns and laser beams
Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #487 (permalink)

I would also ride this board ^^ if they made it in my size
Old 02-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #488 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Never liked the flex of that thing.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #489 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwayeast View Post
Amazing how many people care about graphics. Just go fucking ride. Do you stare at your board when your going down the hill? Ugly graphics also make you appreciate the good ones.
Don't know why it's a bad thing to comment on graphics, especially in a thread that's basically pictures of unreleased boards. Can hardly comment on how they ride or what the flex is like yet?

I don't look at the paint job of my car when I'm driving it, but I sure as hell wouldn't buy a car that looked like shit. When you fork out so much money for a board, it makes sense that you like the look of it. It wouldn't be the main reason sure, but the NS graphics look like this to me:

Like it or not, aesthetics play a huge part in why people like and buy things, if it didn't then everyone would produce blank boards.
sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #490 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
Don't know why it's a bad thing to comment on graphics, especially in a thread that's basically pictures of unreleased boards. Can hardly comment on how they ride or what the flex is like yet?

I don't look at the paint job of my car when I'm driving it, but I sure as hell wouldn't buy a car that looked like shit. When you fork out so much money for a board, it makes sense that you like the look of it. It wouldn't be the main reason sure, but the NS graphics look like this to me:

Like it or not, aesthetics play a huge part in why people like and buy things, if it didn't then everyone would produce blank boards.
Design in life is everything, but there are certain things where a graphic doesn't play into the performance of how it works. I wouldn't not ride a board that I thought would suit my needs best just because of the graphic. No one would drive that car because it is a piece of shit, less so than the actual colors/decorations. What if that was a lambo and someone said you could have it for free, but you had to leave the car looking like that? Only the colors, not some of the other stuff on it. Would you not drive that car because of the color? Just remember you'll sitting inside of it.