2013 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread - Page 50 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #491 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwayeast View Post
Design in life is everything, but there are certain things where a graphic doesn't play into the performance of how it works. I wouldn't not ride a board that I thought would suit my needs best just because of the graphic. No one would drive that car because it is a piece of shit, less so than the actual colors/decorations. What if that was a lambo and someone said you could have it for free, but you had to leave the car looking like that? Only the colors, not some of the other stuff on it. Would you not drive that car because of the color? Just remember you'll sitting inside of it.
I think if it were free then it's a different story. But even when it comes to cars, if you were to drop money on a ferrari, and you wanted it in red, but it only came in yellow, I don't think you'd want to purchase it.

When you buy something that costs a lot of $$$, you want it to be exactly how you like it, regardless of performance.

Can't imagine wearing a great quality jacket that was ugly as hell.
NoobBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #492 (permalink)

99.9% of the time
function > fashion
conwayeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #493 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can understand not buying a board because you really hate the look of it...especially since there is most definitely another board on the market that works for your purposes just as well. Graphics the main reason, no, but I do understand how it can be a deal breaker.

However, what I don't get, and I believe happens pretty often, is people that buy a board because they LOVE the way it looks. Again, looks may be a tie breaker, but riding a board that really makes no sense for you because it looks sick is pretty funny.

My two cents....
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #494 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
I can understand not buying a board because you really hate the look of it...especially since there is most definitely another board on the market that works for your purposes just as well. Graphics the main reason, no, but I do understand how it can be a deal breaker.

However, what I don't get, and I believe happens pretty often, is people that buy a board because they LOVE the way it looks. Again, looks may be a tie breaker, but riding a board that really makes no sense for you because it looks sick is pretty funny.

My two cents....
Totally agree.

Here's my take on buying a board that:

1) Looks good and meets your needs: perfect
2) Looks ugly but meets your needs: acceptable
3) Looks good but doesn't meet your needs: silly
4) Looks ugly and doesn't meet your needs, but your friends have it, or pros have it: Wrong sport.
NoobBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #495 (permalink)

I'm not trying to tell anyone to buy this board or not buy that board. All I am saying is if you look at the specs and say, "Hot damn this is they type of board I want for the type of riding I do. I want this." Then when you see you see the graphics say, "Well that's ugly. This sucks. No Thanks. Deal Breaker." buy something else. Don't just not buy/ride the board you want based solely on the graphics. Graphics have zero to do with how the board performs. After you put your bindings on it changes how the whole thing looks anyway. Also it should be covered with snow.
conwayeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #496 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwayeast View Post
I'm not trying to tell anyone to buy this board or not buy that board. All I am saying is if you look at the specs and say, "Hot damn this is they type of board I want for the type of riding I do. I want this." Then when you see you see the graphics say, "Well that's ugly. This sucks. No Thanks. Deal Breaker." buy something else. Don't just not buy/ride the board you want based solely on the graphics. Graphics have zero to do with how the board performs. After you put your bindings on it changes how the whole thing looks anyway. Also it should be covered with snow.
Are you kidding? Good graphics are what makes a board go faster, everyone knows that.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #497 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
Are you kidding? Good graphics are what makes a board go faster, everyone knows that.
I thought it made you go bigger....

I have a T-Rice and I swear I have been riding just like him ever since I bought that bad boy....and I'm pretty sure I owe it all to the sick graphics that can be seen on The AoF.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #498 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
That's because hot graphics melt the snow and let you slide better.

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #499 (permalink)

Speaking of snowboard graphics...

The 50 Coolest Snowboard Graphics Of All Time | Complex
crispy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #500 (permalink)

I don't think I like any of those.
LightninSVT is offline   Reply With Quote