2013 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread - Page 51 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #501 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,670
Default

Boot or outerwear preview next been slacking had other shit to deal with.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #502 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Boot or outerwear preview next been slacking had other shit to deal with.
Stoked!

Not to detract from this but has Smokin' Snowboards released any info about their line?
grinaldo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #503 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
swilber08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightninSVT View Post
I don't think I like any of those.
those suck
__________________
2010 Flow Quantum Scotty Lago 155w
2010 Flow M9-SE Bindings


swilber08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #504 (permalink)
Member
 
jds3939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 47
Default

Whats going to be the US price for the Bataleon Global Warmer?
Switchback bindings?
jds3939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #505 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
How bout the Rome Cross Rocket? That one will be fun to check out. I'm callin' first in line for a demo after SIA.
Did you ever get to try a cross rocket?
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #506 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
I can understand not buying a board because you really hate the look of it...especially since there is most definitely another board on the market that works for your purposes just as well. Graphics the main reason, no, but I do understand how it can be a deal breaker.

However, what I don't get, and I believe happens pretty often, is people that buy a board because they LOVE the way it looks. Again, looks may be a tie breaker, but riding a board that really makes no sense for you because it looks sick is pretty funny.

My two cents....
It is what it is. Trying to buy a board for my wife was crazy. She don't know nothing but how it looks.

So we sat down, looked at all the boards backcountry had. She picked out the few she liked. I picked out the best board out of those few. Mission accomplished. She doesn't understand rocker, camber, flat etc. just looks. After the new board though, she gets it now. The camber, flex and tech really do make a difference. She loves the board (and hopefully will be less reliant on looks the next time)
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #507 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 90
Default

I hate to go back to the graphic discussion but goddammit NS, your boards are awesome but they are really fucking ugly—the best ones are the heritage and raptor because they have the least on them. Hire a graphic designer from the numerous art/liberal arts colleges from anywhere near colorado. Hell, you could farm out graphic design out to ice coast art kids or even a HS kid with minimal experience in illustrator—just get rid of the board graphics that look like someone with parkinson's disease stuck a crayon in their ass and drew stuff on a wet napkin.

And on the note of buying boards that look hideous and ride great, I love my Capita TFA but I think it looks idiotic—now if they made the outdoor living with the TFA shape, I'd be on that with the quickness.

Last edited by 2813308004; 03-03-2012 at 01:38 PM.
2813308004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #508 (permalink)
d15
Senior Member
 
d15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2813308004 View Post
I hate to go back to the graphic discussion but goddammit NS, your boards are awesome but they are really fucking ugly—the best ones are the heritage and raptor because they have the least on them. Hire a graphic designer from the numerous art/liberal arts colleges from anywhere near colorado. Hell, you could farm out graphic design out to ice coast art kids or even a HS kid with minimal experience in illustrator—just get rid of the board graphics that look like someone with parkinson's disease stuck a crayon in their ass and drew stuff on a wet napkin.
True


351356411
d15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #509 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
It is what it is. Trying to buy a board for my wife was crazy. She don't know nothing but how it looks.

So we sat down, looked at all the boards backcountry had. She picked out the few she liked. I picked out the best board out of those few. Mission accomplished. She doesn't understand rocker, camber, flat etc. just looks. After the new board though, she gets it now. The camber, flex and tech really do make a difference. She loves the board (and hopefully will be less reliant on looks the next time)
You totally speak for two on that one.

Coudn't get pass the "It's not pretty enough" remark on countless boards with the wifey either...
Mel M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #510 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 230
Default

any 2013 burton boot catalog or pics?

thanks
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums