One Board To Rule Them All - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #21 (permalink)

Well I got this 152cm 2011 Banana Magic sitting in the living room and it looks 20x sicker than its picture. But damnit guys, I'm havin buyers remorse. Kind of afraid to ride it since then I couldn't return it.

Honest opinion, on this board, do you think 152cm at 165lbs is too short to get a quality freeride out of it? Or will I be washing out like a tool?
Crimzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzn View Post
Well I got this 152cm 2011 Banana Magic sitting in the living room and it looks 20x sicker than its picture. But damnit guys, I'm havin buyers remorse. Kind of afraid to ride it since then I couldn't return it.

Honest opinion, on this board, do you think 152cm at 165lbs is too short to get a quality freeride out of it? Or will I be washing out like a tool?
Honestly, for freeride... yeah that's too short... I'm your weight and my 154 TRS washes out at bomber speeds that's why it's my early season/park board. I prefer my 157 T.Rice for freeride/all mountain...
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:

The magnetraction should keep you from washing out... whether or not you think it's sufficient is up to you.

Put me down for the Rossignol One Magtek as a nice quiver killer though... medium flex so it can butter (not ideally though) yet can handle chop, stable camber profile, lightweight makes it more playful, twin shape, directional flex, nice sidecut that likes to carve... it's a nice ride. A magnetraction board with a full wrap around metal edge is a big bonus to me too.

I've tried the Rook and hated the sidecut that likes to go straight and fast.

Tried the Agent Rocker and it's surprisingly soft and loose feeling due to the camber profile. I'd put this in the freestyle board category.

Tried the Arbor Blacklist and it's not as stable and doesn't have as good edge hold. Another fun freestyle board.... doesn't feel as comfortable to me straight lining it and carving vs the Magtek.

Last edited by 604al; 01-17-2012 at 07:48 PM.
604al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

Any idea why they recommend 159cm for our weight range on the Capita BSOD? Seems like it would be their 156.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you'd be surprised just how different a 152 feels compared to a 156.

I'm a chick so I ride a smaller board but I went with a super small board at the beginning of season (got a new rocker board with magna for $100) it was a 139. I was riding the same exact board in Argentina that was a 146 and LOVED how it rode so much I went to buy it.. but then my friends left it in Argentina and sold me the 139 instead (I'm 5'1, 120lbs) and I hate it. Well not hate.. but it is a completely different ride from the 146.. it doesn't carve like the 146, it's squirrely when bombing. It is super light tho and easy to jib with but not a good all mountain board. I demo'd a Signal at Dew Tour in Breck and I wanted to swap it rode so nice.

I'm now on a Rome rocker for my second board.. and I'm not completely sold on it either.. I hate that it slips out on me when I'm trying to get a good carve. I'm thinking I still prefer camber or definitely hybrid over rocker but it's all preference.

One option for you would be to ride it see how it feels and if you don't like it sell it on craigslist.. but yeah $500 is a decent chunk of money to gamble.

Oh ps. My buddy Andrew Burns rides for capita says the Indoor Survival dominates all areas of the mountain and is his go to board for this season. He does a lot of backcountry and park. Just to make things more confusing.

Last edited by Karasene; 01-17-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Karasene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #26 (permalink)

K, advice will be taken.

But another idea: how would you consider the 152 Banana Magic as just a park and freestyle board?

In comparison, the Ultrafear FK is marketed as Capita's highest end, slightly stiffer, park and freestyle board. My weight to length recommendation on that board is 151cm. Both boards at that length are flex rating 6. So would the Magic be the LibTech brand equivalent to the Ultrafear at that point?

Thanks for all your help everyone.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
K, advice will be taken.

But another idea: how would you consider the 152 Banana Magic as just a park and freestyle board?

In comparison, the Ultrafear FK is marketed as Capita's highest end, slightly stiffer, park and freestyle board. My weight to length recommendation on that board is 151cm. Both boards at that length are flex rating 6. So would the Magic be the LibTech brand equivalent to the Ultrafear at that point?

Thanks for all your help everyone.
Completely different boards. The Ultra is softer than the Banana.

The Magic wont be too difficult to freeride as long as you're a decent rider. It's very doable. Hell, apparently I've gained weight and now at 160 my all mountain stick is a 151 Signal OG Flat.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

saw someone with the magic at my local hill asked him about it
he was a pure park rider but said it was a great board tons of pop, could take it off the 30/40 footers, saw him land a cork...

i figure if a board can handle that kind of freestyle riding, shouldn't have a problem going down the mountain...
jyuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

that magic is a pretty sick board i know a guy who rides a 158W and he is about 280lbs, I'm sure you will be fine with your choice. +2 on riders choice though its sick!