Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   One Board To Rule Them All (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/45177-one-board-rule-them-all.html)

Crimzn 01-09-2012 09:03 AM

One Board To Rule Them All

So I've formed this shortlist of highly recommended all-mountain/freestyle boards, and I need help to decide which would make the best quiver-of-one for myself.

I've been running cambered rentals up to this point, but I'm transitioning from beginner to intermediate and want to make an investment I can stay with.

My stats:
Weight: 75kg (165 lbs)
Boot size: 10.5
Riding style: 50% park, 50% bomb n carve
Budget: No limit

The list:
Bataleon Riot
Capita Black Snowboard of Death
Capita Ultrafear FK
GNU Altered Genetics
Lib Tech Attack Banana
Lib Tech TRS C2 BTX
Rome Mod Rocker
Salomon Grip
Never Summer Proto
Nitro Rook

From an experienced standpoint, what separates these boards besides the paint jobs, as it applies to my uses?

civic2tegg 01-09-2012 09:30 AM

Hey I was just in the market for a very simular board as I too ride all mountain and live on the east coast and wanted to go from my traditianl camber wood plank I've been riding for the past 4 years to something more cutting edge. I decided to get something not on your list. The Rossignol One Magtek, I also ride alot of Ice Coast ice and this boards Magnetration was supposed to be solid it also has some decent flex to hopefully get me started in the park. But most websites say this is the one board to own if you can only own one. So I went with it, I rode this weekend and man it's way more fun to ride then my old board. Also I was riding Hunter which due to this weather was litterally and ice skating rink and I was gripping nice. Just something to look into for us east coasters. I'm sure people with way more experince then me will have some more choices.

Crimzn 01-09-2012 11:59 AM

That sounds good. Is the One Magtek a reverse camber? I've been hoping getting a reverse camber would make my turns easier and improve my whole experience. The cambered I've been riding is a pretty ghetto piece from the 90s that's stiff as a log and catches like no tomorrow.

civic2tegg 01-09-2012 12:14 PM

Its a hybrid so it has a small amount of camber between the feet and then rockers out after the bindings... This video explains the board pretty well. 2012 Rossignol One Magtek Snowboard Review - YouTube

Riley212 01-09-2012 12:47 PM

here's a good review of it Rossignol One MagTek Review - 2012 Snowboard Reviews - Board Insiders Rossi OneMag review - YouTube

Crimzn 01-09-2012 12:51 PM

Yeah, the OneMag sounds right up this alley. There also seems to be tremendous support for the Arbor Blacklist on the forum. Lots of great choices, really hard to draw the line!

Also, if my boot is 10.5, whats the ideal board width I want?

Riley212 01-09-2012 12:59 PM

normal width

civic2tegg 01-09-2012 01:09 PM

Yeah and to be honest Rossi doesn't have alot of support from snowboarders it's actually really over looked so it deff doesnt have the amount of reveiws youll find on a NS or Arbor product. On here alot of people seem to like NS alot. I never rode it before but the Proto looks pretty cool as well. I just couldnt find it at any local shops to see it in person so I got the Rossi which I know love :) .

But if you just snoop around here you will see everything you need to know about the Proto and Blacklist is also mentioned a lot.

Nivek 01-09-2012 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I only saw 3 candidates for quiver killers in your list. Grip, Proto, and Rook. From Nitro though i would say the pro one offs over the Rook, thats my experience.

I would add and Arbor Coda to that, from Bataleon the Goliath over the Riot, for sure check out the Signal omni, same camber profile as the Rossi but Signal did it first and i still think they do it best. From Rome replac the Mod with the Reverb Rocker. And if Organic Flex is your deal check out the K2 Fastplant.

My top 3 quiver killers are the Omni, Pro one off, and Goliath/Whatever(which is a bit softer version of the Goliath).

KIRKRIDER 01-09-2012 01:26 PM

I think I got the board of the future for you. It has a brake too.