Buying First Board HELP! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Buying First Board HELP!

Hey guys im just getting into snowboarding and I want to buy a good board so i dont have to worry about buying a better one once I become better. I would like a Burton board. I was initiallly looking at the Burton Clash because it is decently priced and says its good for beginner. Would i outgrow this board to fast once i got better? I would like a Custom, but right now i dont think i want to spend that much. I want to maily do hills and some trick. Any burton suggestions for me? I'm 5'11" 200lbs. So i was told i need a 160cm? Any info would be great. Thanks!
atvkid4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

why do you want a burton snowboard?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Flow Infinite Rocker Snowboard 2011 | evo outlet

hybrid camber, convex base, sintered base, big sale. will last you well into your intermediate stages.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

well i just figured Burton has been making boards forever and they seem to have nice products. Like i said im very new to this so i would be open to suggestions.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

There's nothing wrong with Burton, but they tend to be overpriced a bit. You'll often find that other companies will offer similar or better boards for a more competitive price.

Edit: That Flow board is on sale for an insanely low price. Would be a very nice pick.

Last edited by Bayoh; 01-09-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the clash is definitely a beginner board, very soft and forgiving, easy to learn on. it will be better than rental equipment for sure. a 2003 burton clash was my second board, i still have it, it has a few ptexed core shots but no blow outs and is still totally ride-able. it actually floats in pow pretty well and i expect the new one to be even better with the rocker, 1 inch setback and taper. it will ride kind of funny switch though and this messed me up, i hated riding switch on this board and never really learned.

that being said; depending on how often you ride and progress you will probably be ready to move up form it in at most 2 seasons, but more likely one.

The flow deck that Justin posted is a great deal

Decks that i would seriously look at are the K2-Raygun 159 or the Rome-Crail 158
Old 01-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

I found a local guy selling an 05' Model Burton UnInc 160 Snowboard as a package with bindings and boots..are they good boards? whats this i heard about the 2x binding system or something?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What size shoe do you wear? this will let us know if you need a wide board or not and what is he looking to get $ wise for the setup(type of bindings and boots?)?
Rider161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

i wear a size 11.5 in a regular shoe..heres the link to the add on CL: Complete Burton Snowboard Package I dont think the boots he has will fit me
Old 01-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

It says he wont separate the package deal. I wouldnt buy that. Hes an idiot for not selling piecemeal anyway. Most of that stuff wont be for you. Id get the Flow listed above and pick up a cheap pair of bindings and a pair of boots that you try on which fit your feet well.

With the lack of snow there are plenty of sales out there. You dont need to drop 500+ on a used setup from a guy in Cleveland.
nomembername is offline   Reply With Quote