Capita or Yes? .....HELP! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Capita or Yes? .....HELP!

So I'm sure you guys must get this about a thousand times a day but i need some help choosing a board. My gf wants to get me my first board as a late Xmas gift and she has no idea which to get me, and honestly, I'm quite confused myself.

So Ive been boarding for a few years now and and pretty confident on the slopes. I would say im a solid intermediate. I ride in the NYC/NJ/PA area so im pretty much never exposed to powder. Also i've never been into the park or pipe either, I just usually cruise down the blues trails with some friends.

Ok so we've been looking a the "Capita Quiver Killer" and she really seems to like that board for me alot. However they only offer the board at 157 & 161. The 159's are all sold out. Which size you think would best suit me for a pretty well rounded all mountain board? IF i get the 161 do you think that would be too large if i eventually wanted to progress into a freestyle rider? Do you guys think the Quiver Killer is a decent choice? I wanted to learn how to butter and ollie this season and im not sure if the 161 would be too large. i usually ride 159, so 157 and 161 are only 2cms in either direction.

We were also looking at the "YES great beauties of history" board 159. Any thoughts on that? i just really want a quality board that i can progress on and keep for some years. Our price range is about $550 for just the board.

Im 6ft tall and 170pounds with size 9.5 boots.

Sorry for the long post, but she's been buggin me now for the past 3 days so im starting to get desperate.

Thanks guys!!!!

Capita Quiver Killer
On Sale Capita Quiver Killer ATV Snowboard Grey 157 Mens 7 - Snowboards, Snowboarding Gear, Equipment 9857caqkag11

Yes Great beauties of history
YES Great Beauties of History Snowboard > Men's Snowboards
Nikon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't have any experience with the two boards you mention but the YES board looks like it would be much easier to learn to butter on if that's your goal. Those two boards are very different, you really need to decide exactly what kind of riding you want to do and choose the board that's best suited for it. I'm close to your size, 6' and 185 pounds, and I mostly ride boards from 155 to 158.
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

I would suggest getting a capita black snowboard of death because it is a good mountain board and is also good if you want to get into the parks
gprider_capita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

What would you guys recommend in terms of size? I mean i usually rent a 159 because....well thats just what they usually give me. Do you think i can still progress with tricks easily if i went up to a 161? Or should I just stick in the 157-159 range?
Nikon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

A shorter board is going to be more playful and easier to press and butter if that's what you want to do. I just recently got a 155 K2 Parkstar and I'm having a blast playing around on it in the park and it's still stable and fun all over the mountain.
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

2 cms really isn't a whole lot, you probably won't see much of a difference. Go shorter rather than longer if you're leaning towards freestyle.
Since you ride on the ice coast, I'd consider something that does well on ice. I have a GNU Carbon Credit and I really like it. It's a twin and has magna-traction (sp?) which is really nice on ice.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

It really depends on what you want to do. I have the GBoH and its awesome. Stable enough to tackle the entire mountain, but still playful enough to hit the park. If your looking to get into park, you should prob look at a 155ish, since its just going to be all around easier to control.
bebop_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm 5'9" 180lbs and I ride a 155 Capita Ultrafear. It's a "flat rocker" board, so it's fairly easy to press/butter, but still rides everything else great. Best board I've ever ridden bar none. And it's $449, so within your price range by $100.
mrmidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

If you have $550 to spend and want freestyle ride that can also go outside the mountain, check out the Nitro Rook ($500) and T1 Zero ($400), Never Summer Proto CT ($539), Arbor Westmark ($419), Forum Destroyer DoubleDog ($440), K2 Fastplant ($500) or Parkstar ($429). BTW, those are this seasons price's. For example, I just picked up a Parkstar from last year for only $270. Lots of times, the boards don't even change tech so if you can find a deal from last year, you could save a couple bills if you get really lucky.

For your weight I'd say go 153 to 156.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you want something you can still butter but ride all mountain you should look at the indoor survival or FK version instead of the quiver killer
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote