Looking for a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a new board

Currently I'm riding a 2011 Burton Restricted Ration 144. I started snowboarding when I was 10, but stopped due to other sports and stuff going on... recently (last year) I got back into it again and picked up the ration. I would prefer a board more geared for doing all mountain, but still be able to hit the park if I wanted to, and allow me to progress (park). Boarding came right back to me...able to carve and hit small natural jumps, and small rails; can comfortably ride squares, and make it down diamonds (just don't feel super comfortable). I usually goto Holiday Valley or Holimont in Elicotville, and stop by peak and peak a few times a year as well. I'm 120lbs and 5'4" and I would be using some K2 Hurrithane bindings (options are welcome for new bindings too).
MR MIZUN0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

I recently got a Signal Flat Park and I really like the board so far so I'm gonna recommend it.

True twin with no camber, completely flat. It's not as catchy as a cambered board or has that pivoty feel of a full reverse board, a nice happy medium between the two. It's also definitely one of the lighter boards I've hopped on, always a nice plus. The flex is great, super even throughout the board. Pretty darn good pop for it's flex too, it won't send you to the moon, but it's got enough oompf in it that your ollies just feel "right". Finally it has a sintered base; most park boards I see have extruded so this was definitely one of the buying points for me.

I'm still very much a beginner to the park, but I can throw myself off kickers and do basic 50/50's on features. I can see someone who's more skilled in the park just ripping with the board.

I am comfortable going down most any run though, so I'm not a complete slouch of a snowboarder, heh. I was able to bee-line groomers just fine and it was pretty darn fun to take through some moguls. So in all-mountain regard it's good, just without any of those fancy sidecuts more expensive boards have it did have a bit of trouble gripping sections of hardpack that were a bit icy.

Anyways, it's just a down to earth, well-built park board.

Edit: I misread the "more geared for all-mountain part" and just read you wanted something to progress in the park haha. In this case I would say looking at the Arbor Westmark or a Never Summer Proto. Costs more, but have better all-mountain capability while still design for hitting the park.

Last edited by Bayoh; 01-11-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote