Groin strain... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Groin strain...

So I decided to go riding this weekend cause I was itching to ride.Note I live in the eastcost (jersey) and of couse conditons can be bad at times.Needless to say I decided to go riding at Camelback in PA, cause my local mountain has a 10inch base and camelback has a 5ft base.This was my fisrt time every riding there,so I was amped to go someplace new.Well some of you might know that the night before we had a major rain storm,with 4 inches of rain and temps in the 60's.That night temps dropped below freezing.Well to the good part we pack up and head out for a day of fun and riding.We get to camelback buy our lift tickets and head to the nearest lift.As people decend on down from to top all you can hear is the sound of boards scatching against the ice.It sounded like 10 thousand people just scraping the ice from their cars after an ice storm.So my GF and I looked at easch other and knew this was gonna be a nice dayThis is when it gets good.When we reach the top of the lift all I can see is a 2 inch thick layer of ice.As I place my board down and attempt to stand needless to say I face plant,My GF also falls.Well being the trooper that I am, I go down the run and attempt again.Next decend I dont fall but I come off sketchy.My Gf falls again and says to hell if it im done.But not me cause Im hard headed.On my 3rd try as im comming off,I line up my board and What the F@#!My board shoots from under me leaving my back leg stuck some how and I pull my groin.Hurt like all hell so I sit to the side for about 30 minutes and watch every other person fall,smack,flip you name it,I saw it.The moral of the story dont go riding after a rain storm if you live in the EAST COAST!!And when they say WET GRANULAR they really mean ice skating.The good thing is that after an hour break I went venturing onto another side of the mountain and found a nice lift with soft slushy snow and although my Balls felt misplacedI continued to ride,OHH the things I do for the love of snowboarding.Oh yeah by the way my Gf sat for the rest of the day in the cafeteria drinking coffee and reading a mag.Good to have a girl like that

Last edited by laz167; 03-10-2008 at 04:00 PM.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
LoneWolf

Oh man! That totally blows!! But it was a great story none-the-less, thanks!!

Make sure to keep that thing stretched......er.......your groin that is!