Burton custom wide or ride yukon - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
wclare

Default Burton custom wide or ride yukon

So here I am stuck at the crossroads between a Burton custom wide 167 or ride yukon 164. I'm 6'1" and 210-215 lbs. I've been boarding on a used burton canyon and am ready to step it up. I'm not into parks mostly soul carving with a few gravity defining launches. Great deal on both of these boards not sure what will meet my needs for the long run. I hear the ride is a very stiff and fast board and the custom wide has a lot of pop? I mainly hit up Big bear or mt High (east) here in Cali. Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shepherd

I upgraded to the Yukon a little less than a month ago and love it. I'm 6', 182 lbs, size 11 boot. I went with the 164 as well. I can't tell you how quick this board turns and how fast it is down the mountain. I'm partial to Ride boards, I think they make an awesome product, but I'm sure you'd be happy with either board. I only freeride, but do like to get some air on natural terrain. At first the board seemed stiff, but after a couple of days I got used to it.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
wclare

Thanks, I'm leaning toward the Ride. I'm not sure if all the Burton Hype is just that(Great marketing). The only other concern was if I venture to one of the big powder mountains will the burton 167 do me better and then not be over kill in my back yard of SoCal hills or will the Yukon 164 be just fine in the pow.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Shepherd

You are a inch taller and roughly 30 more pounds than I am, so you may benefit from a 167 or 168 board due to your size. Can you get the same deal on the Yukon 168 or is the deal you've found specific to the 164 Yukon? I'm not the most experienced rider so I probably couldn't tell the difference between the 164 and the 168. I've had two great powder days on the Yukon and the 164 did well. Someone more experienced may be able to judge better if your stats require the 167 or 168.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
wclare

You know, how much difference could 3 cm make (164 vs 167). The ride 164 holds 140-220 pounder while the Burton 167 is rated 160-210. Thanks for the feedback.