Looking for Off-Piste Dream machine - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #21 (permalink)

Unfortunately I don't think the billy goat is wide enough as a mid-wide. Also, I know it should never matter but I don't think I could ever live with that base. Earlier this season I got to try the YES pick your line but its really stiff and I had no fun with it. Am currently looking at the Arbor Roundhouse RX.
MikeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #22 (permalink)

another reason to consider the Arbor Coda is that the Grip Tech edges protrude out, thereby giving you a wider portion by the boots allowing for the board to support a larger foot, without being a true "Wide" board. I have a US 11 foot, and there is PLENTY of room on there for my boots....no concern about toe or heel drag anymore.
marcdeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You realize that a non-wide board isn't really a deal breaker unless you run straight zero angle with a skinny ass stance. I have size 13 boots, DC Scout BOA to be precise, and I rode a 157 Signal Omni all last season. The waist width listed on any board is at it's skinniest point. They get wider as they go out. Anyway, There are some good suggestions up there. You may also want to look at a Jones Mountain Twin. I've heard good things about it as my buddy has one. I just haven't gotten a chance to ride it yet. You may also want to look at something like a Lib Jamie Lynn. Any way, remember, it's a Powder board, even with a little overhang, boot drag will be minimal no matter what if you're only riding it on deep day. Just my .02.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Shit I wear a 13/14 depending on brand and I ride a gnu riders choice and haven't yet had any problems with toe/heel drag. By the sounds of things it may be to stiff for you but at your height you should have some leverage to throw that thing around, I mean I know I weigh more than you but I finds height makes it easy to get some good leverage on the board!

Last edited by cjcameron11; 06-17-2012 at 07:36 AM.
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

Does anyone here have any knowledge/opinion of the lib tech banana magic? I can't seem to find any decent reviews.
MikeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've heard that it it's a stiffer freeride board, but I haven't actually seen one or ridden one to be able to atest to that information. I beleive it's not a twin though, so a little less freestyle than maybe some of the others listed. There are people here who have seen and ridden one, and I'm sure they will chime in soon enough.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
Unfortunately I don't think the billy goat is wide enough as a mid-wide. Also, I know it should never matter but I don't think I could ever live with that base. Earlier this season I got to try the YES pick your line but its really stiff and I had no fun with it. Am currently looking at the Arbor Roundhouse RX.
Yeah the billy goat is way too narrow.

The arbor roundhouse rx is a really fun board in the right conditions, but is kind of a 'one trick pony' as angrysnowboarder says. It will shred powder and chopped up crud with ease. It's a beautiful board too. Also to give you an idea of width, I wear a size 11. But the beauty of arbor's grip tech, is it's location is aligned perfectly with your bindings, giving you a little more room on the board, to further combat overhang. Close-up -> http://i.imgur.com/9Jbdj.jpg

The only thing stopping me from getting an Arbor is the brainwashing on this forum that it's not the most durable. But that is very subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
Does anyone here have any knowledge/opinion of the lib tech banana magic? I can't seem to find any decent reviews.
For $700+ it better come in two pieces. That's one hell of a bold price tag....

Last edited by WasatchMan; 01-14-2012 at 10:01 PM.
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member

there's a brand new 2012 Bataleon Undisputed 163 cm on ebay for quite a bit of a discount off full retail price (I've already got one)
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have heard alot of great things about the banana magic, I hve a friend who is 6'4 285lbs size 13 boot and rides the 158w and loves it, he actually owns a snowboard shop here in aus, but he swears by it, I've never ridden one but as said I hear good things about it, and yeah it's pricey.

Last edited by cjcameron11; 01-19-2012 at 04:09 PM.
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^^theyrelisted for even less (damn, I should have waited )
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote