gnu riders choice for 300 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default gnu riders choice for 300

hello all, there's a deal going on at a local shop right now for a 2011 gnu riders choice 151.5 for 300. Is this a good deal or should I wait for off season? Keep in mind I live in canada where everything's more expensive.

Also, I'm 5 10 and 140 lbs but I'm still growing. 151.5 seems a bit on the short side..any thoughts? I'm a beginner but definitely wana get into freestyle. Thanks! (:
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think thats a great deal. I havent seen any thing even close to that price locally or on the net. Its also amreally fun board to ride. I own a park pickle but i got a chance to demo the choice in Breckenridge. It was more stable at speed so its a little better as an all mountain board than apark board, but that isnt to say it doesnt rip it in the park as well.
Lowlyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks! Do you think 151.5 would be a bit too small?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well it depends on where you ride and how you ride. But assuming this IS the right style board for you, these gnus are made so that you can ride them 5-7cm shorter than you normally do.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

I ride a 157.5 2011 riders choice and absolutely love it--it's a fantastic all-around board that does it all. I bought it brand new last March for $350, marked down from over $500, so $300 seems like the right price. As far as size, I'm 6' 190lbs and the 157.5 is good for me. I imagine the 151.5 would work nicely for you. Enjoy!
miles1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mostly in Ontario. I want something that can take on both the groomers and park later on. thoughts?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah the pickle is a great board, though it will chatter a bit at high speed whem bombing down the mountain, but its a park board first that can go all over the mountain. The rc leans a bit toward the all mountain that can also be good in the park. So it really depends on your inclination toward where you like to ride. But imo, i think you should pull the trigger and get it. Its a great board.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

If you ride all mountain mainly then you better buy that board before somebody else does! I bought mine for $540 so $300 is a steal. It's definitely one of the best boards for riding absolutely EVERYTHING. Back country, groomers, park, etc...

Trust me you won't be disappointed if you buy it. And 151.5 is definitely the size for you, these boards are meant to ride shorter because of the magne-traction.
mjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

thanks for all the opinions guys, would boards like the 2012 ride machete 153 or a 2010 burton love (both for 300) compare to it? If going with ride, im thinking of ride revolts for 130 ish. also thinking of burton motos for 120 ish
so many decisions... im at the point where im wondering if ill even notice a difference or if i should just pick one and ride

Last edited by pancakes; 01-24-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

lib tech and Gnu are definately awsome boards! the riders choice especially is built with regards to the way real riders prefer a board to handle. The mechette is, from what I've heard, an awesome all around board as well, and size of a board is honestly all about weight distribution across the snow. at your weight, all of these boards are awsome for you. and the love just has sick graphics, performance in mind, I would definately pick the Gnu, then the Ride, then the Burton. Safe riding
krunkkidnorm007 is offline   Reply With Quote