Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Ride slackcountry vs Lib TechTravis Rice Pro (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/45454-ride-slackcountry-vs-lib-techtravis-rice.html)

beehive 01-16-2012 08:00 AM

Ride slackcountry vs Lib TechTravis Rice Pro

Guys, my first post here after a very long time, so hello again! :)

I need Your help here .. I can't decided between these two boards:

Ride Slackcountry ($700 msrp) vs Lib Tech Travis rice Pro ($540)

While Ride is more expensive board then the Lib Tech is, I think Lib Tech gets overall better "rating". I can get em for the same price, so I cannot decided which one to grab. Ride is in this case a big bang for the buck, but I somehow feel the lib tech might be a better board.

I'm really in backcountry, freeride, jumps. No rails, heavy slopestyle etc.

.. I dunoo :dunno:

Thanks in advance !

WasatchMan 01-16-2012 09:57 AM

T.Rice is a better all around board.

The slackcountry is great, but not much fun when it's not deep.

Are you getting the t.rice hp?

beehive 01-16-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WasatchMan (Post 467633)
T.Rice is a better all around board.

Are you getting the t.rice hp?

Many thanks for response wasatchman !

good point on the edition, I can't decide whether to get horsepower, or the classic pro model. Any idea ? what's the deal here .. I'm getting 164.5 cm

thanks for response
:thumbsup:

WasatchMan 01-16-2012 10:12 AM

I'd go HP if you can.

Also what do you weigh?

beehive 01-16-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WasatchMan (Post 467643)
I'd go HP if you can.

Also what do you weigh?

say 190+/- pounds fully loaded.

so is there such a difference between the pro and the HP ?

Thanks mate :)

DrnknZag 01-16-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WasatchMan (Post 467633)

^This.

I LOVE my Slackcountry, but it doesn't come out unless the pow is real deep. If you were looking for a pow specific quiver stick, I'd say go for it (if you have the cash) but in this instance I'd say go with the Lib. A more similar Ride would be either the Highlife of Berzerker.

WasatchMan 01-16-2012 10:32 AM

Construction + beautiful top sheet. Worth the ~$100 in my opinion.

I think a 164 might be too long for you, doesn't seem like much fun. I'd go with the 161.5 for sure

beehive 01-16-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WasatchMan (Post 467657)
Construction + beautiful top sheet. Worth the ~$100 in my opinion.

I think a 164 might be too long for you, doesn't seem like much fun. I'd go with the 161.5 for sure

I rode a TRS 2010 model few days back, which was not really short for me, but I though, those 2 cm might do better for me.

I read here, that a HP seems to have more flex and is not that stiff as the regular one is (7/7 according lib tech). I think, stiffer board might be better for me. Any input on this ?

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...orsepower.html

beehive 01-16-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrnknZag (Post 467655)
^This.

I LOVE my Slackcountry, but it doesn't come out unless the pow is real deep. If you were looking for a pow specific quiver stick, I'd say go for it (if you have the cash) but in this instance I'd say go with the Lib. A more similar Ride would be either the Highlife of Berzerker.

Thanks bro, I'd say the Lib is a winner here. But cannot decided whether to go with HP, or not ..

duh 01-16-2012 02:59 PM

I definately vote for the Trice over the Ride. I have spent A LOT of days on the different Trices and they are some of my all time favorite rides. I'm pushing 200 pounds and ride the 57 regular for groomer/park days and the Horsepowers in the bigger sizes for pow days.
If you are set on the bigger board then I would suggest either the 61 in regular or the 64 in Horsepower. The Horsepower is only slightly softer and the added dampness makes for a better ride in the crud.