Burton Warrenty - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
jamman

Default Burton Warrenty

So I got some brand new burton ruler boots for Christmas. They have been great to me, very comfortable, except the right boot started to come completely apart. The laces were tearing through the boot, and the seams on the toe were starting to fray, all in about only a month and a half of riding. I figured that it was just from resting my board on my foot, but after I thought about it I realized that I hardly ever rest my board on my foot. Ocasionally I do if my foot is starting to get tired after a long day of riding, but not hardly enough to do the kind of damage my boots had. So I took it in to the shop where my parents got the boots and asked if there was any kind of warranty that they could give me. They said that they couldn't do anything about it, but they could send it into Burton to get it fixed. I had heard that Burton has an excellent warranty program so I figured I would get my boots fixed, no problem. Well, it had been about 3 weeks since I sent them in, so I figured I would give the shop a call to see if my boots were back (I borrowed my friends extra pair while I was waiting). They were back, but NOT fixed. I guess there is a letter that came with the boots basically saying that the damage is typical wear and tear, but the shop is closed so I am going to have to wait until tomarrow to get it and read it. So I'm just wondering, is it typical to get that kind of wear on a boot that fast? I mean, the boot is BRAND NEW! And how is something like that not covered by Burton???

Last edited by jamman; 03-10-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: I misspelled warranty, sorry about the title I can't change it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Post some pics of them, if you have any. Also, what state are you in? I can do some quick (and free) research on any state law(s) that relate to sale of goods / warranty of goods.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
jamman

Yeah I'll post some pics once I get them back tomarrow. I live in Michigan btw.