T. Rice pro 2012 board question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default T. Rice pro 2012 board question

Hey everyone, first time poster here.

I need some input on this Travis Rice pro 2012 model board: Lib Technologies T.Rice Pro Model C2BTX Blunt Snowboard from Dogfunk.com

Im just wondering if anyone here owns or knows someone who owns this board so i can get some insight on the requirements needed to ride it. I'd say I am an intermediate rider; i can easily run black diamonds with little to no carving and double blacks by carving wide and occasionally hit up the terrain park for some medium sized kickers. I can easily stomp straight airs and simple grabs like Indy's. My height is 5' 6" and weigh 148 with boot size 11. I have been boarding for 4 years now using the Burton Blunt 2008 version. I currently live in the midwest, and hopefully moving out to colorado within the next year.

So my main question is, would this board be too aggressive for me to ride and progressively get better at? Also, input on dogfunk.com? I am hearing mixed reviews.

Last edited by marksman12; 01-17-2012 at 12:05 PM.
marksman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have rode Trice boards since 09. They are stiff and generally suit aggressive riders who know how to manhandle their stick.

From your size I think you would be looking at a 53, they run a little longer than stated because of the blunted tips.

If you like going FAST and want a board that is made for it, the Trice is a good choice, if you lack confidence in your abilities to handle one of the more aggrssive boards made, there are better choices for you.
zbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok, i have never ridden a very aggressive board before so maybe i should pick something different. I have been hearing the TRS is a really good line, would the 154 be too long for me?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman12 View Post
Also, input on dogfunk.com? I am hearing mixed reviews.
Who would ever give you mixed reviews about Dogfunk.com? They have the best return policy in the industry. If you want to return it, for any reasons whatsoever, you can, no questions asked.

I bought a pair of snow pants from them in '07... they told me I could return them THIS season, if I wanted to, without even asking why I wanted to return them. I decided not to, because I didn't want to take advantage of a company that is so friggin awesome.

I ride the T. Rice, and yes, it is quite aggressive. If you plan on doing any jibbing on the regular, go with the TRS. I always skip the rails and go straight for the jumps. Check out GNU boards as well, made by same company (Mervin Mfg.) and they have the same tech and magnatraction.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
mjd

i've been riding the trice 157 for 1.5 seasons. if you get it you go for the 153 for your size. it's designed for aggressive bombardier-style riding and is really stable (25.8 width on the 157). mid/stiff flex, true twin, rocker-camber profile. i love it.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
Who would ever give you mixed reviews about Dogfunk.com? They have the best return policy in the industry. If you want to return it, for any reasons whatsoever, you can, no questions asked.

I bought a pair of snow pants from them in '07... they told me I could return them THIS season, if I wanted to, without even asking why I wanted to return them. I decided not to, because I didn't want to take advantage of a company that is so friggin awesome.

I ride the T. Rice, and yes, it is quite aggressive. If you plan on doing any jibbing on the regular, go with the TRS. I always skip the rails and go straight for the jumps. Check out GNU boards as well, made by same company (Mervin Mfg.) and they have the same tech and magnatraction.
Thanks for the clarification on dogfunk, and also i am checking out this board from GNU Gnu Carbon Credit Series BTX Snowboard from Dogfunk.com.

Is that a good all mountain board and not too aggressive?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

That board has BTX (all rocker), as opposed to the TRS and T. Rice that have C2BTX (rocker between bindings, camber outside bindings... C2BTX will give you more edge hold while carving, but still have some of the float that rocker boards have. I think the TRS is more all mountain compared to the Carbon Credit, being that it has better edge hold and slightly stiffer flex due to C2BTX. Look at the flex ratings and read on their websites about their rocker-camber tech. It will help you figure out what you want. You can also use the chat function on Dogfunk, those guys generally know their stuff and can put you in the right direction.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

I also ride the T.Rice and love it. Looks like it suits your riding profile pretty well.

I can't help but notice: 5'6" and size 11 boot? You must have big, uh, hands? LOL
GorgeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorgeDad View Post
I also ride the T.Rice and love it. Looks like it suits your riding profile pretty well.

I can't help but notice: 5'6" and size 11 boot? You must have big, uh, hands? LOL
lol, actually, the 11's are a little loose in the foot area and my feet always fall asleep. i switched from 10.5 because i was getting the same feeling. im not sure why to be honest, im kinda lost on what boot to get haha. when i rode with the 10.5's in the past years i dont remember having this problem either.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
B-T

I rode the 2011 version for a week and loved it. Didn't realize this was such an aggressive board, it took me a bit to get back into the flow but i found it to be a great all mountain board. Not a park guy but i hit my first jumps on that thing and can't really compare to camber cause i hadn't jumped anything on a cambered board but I thought it was probably better choice
B-T is offline   Reply With Quote