Has anyone ridden a Forum Bully Doubledog? Thoughts? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Has anyone ridden a Forum Bully Doubledog? Thoughts?

I'm strongly looking at the Forum Bully Doubledog (155) right now. I'm not new to riding, but I'm no pro. I've got a couple seasons under my belt. My 1st board (only board I've ever ridden) is an older LTD All Mountain 163 Camber, which is pretty stiff & heavy, and not too easy to maneuver around (I'm 29, 5'11", approx 155lbs, sz12 boot).

I've never ridden a hybrid camber or reverse camber, but I get the feeling, based on some Burton Custom Flying-V & Never Summer Revolver reviews I've read, that it might be a good option to keep the feeling I'm used to while allowing for a little more playfulness & a little less edge catching... I've seen a couple video reviews online, but I'd really prefer to hear from people who have ridden the board, not necessarily those who work for the company.

I'm an all mountain rider, about 80-90% groomed runs, 10-20% attempting to play in the park.

Has anyone ridden this board or any of the Forum Doubledog boards? Anyone care to give me their 2cents?

(and yes, I know anything will be nicer to ride than my current board, haha)

Last edited by handscreate; 01-17-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: add info
handscreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

I recently picked up a Forum Destroyer doubledog; much like you described of yourself I'm an all mountain rider. Last weekend was my first time on this board, it's definitely a keeper; absolutely love it. This board carves through the icy groomed trails of northern Michigan without any effort at all. I highly recommend it.
hippierick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the info! Picked one up & got a killer deal on it. Now if SoCal can just get some decent snow & I can sneak away to Big Bear or Mammoth for a day or 2 (or a week - I wish!!!) we'll be money! If anyone else has some experience with the Forum Doubledog boards I'd love to hear from you too!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippierick View Post
I recently picked up a Forum Destroyer doubledog; much like you described of yourself I'm an all mountain rider. Last weekend was my first time on this board, it's definitely a keeper; absolutely love it. This board carves through the icy groomed trails of northern Michigan without any effort at all. I highly recommend it.
What bindings are you using with your Destroyer?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
d15

How much did you get your board for and where?
d15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by handscreate View Post
What bindings are you using with your Destroyer?
The Forum Rebpublics are an excellent pair of bindings that go well with all of Forum's boards. I rode Repubs on the Bully. Although I'm not a fan of the Bully, the combo worked well together.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

I put a pair of burton mission's on the new board. I had these from a previous board, and didn't feel the need to spend any more money on a new pair.

Winter has been rough near detroit; avg temp around 35-40 deg F and hardly any snow. I have only made it out once this year.

I paid around 440 for the board at a local shop; i am a huge fan of supporting the local retailers in the area.
hippierick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

@Hippierick, visit this thread

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/mid...tml#post481392
Old 02-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d15 View Post
How much did you get your board for and where?
I bought a demo board from a local shop for $220. Aside from a tiny nick in the sidewall & a small mark on the topsheet, it looks new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
The Forum Rebpublics are an excellent pair of bindings that go well with all of Forum's boards. I rode Repubs on the Bully. Although I'm not a fan of the Bully, the combo worked well together.
What didn't you like about the Bully? I'm going to mount some lightly used Cartels I picked up last season. It'll be the first time I get to use them. My brother has the Republics on his Destroyer & seems to like them. Granted, he's a newbie, with 1 or 2 days under his belt, so I'm not sure I can take his word for it - and he's not yet willing to let me ride his board or borrow his bindings.

As I mentioned above, I learned & have 2 seasons on an older LTD board in 163 & camber. It's pretty stiff & I think a little longer than I should be riding. Having never ridden Reverse Camber or Hybrid, I'm a little nervous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippierick View Post
I put a pair of burton mission's on the new board. I had these from a previous board, and didn't feel the need to spend any more money on a new pair.

Winter has been rough near detroit; avg temp around 35-40 deg F and hardly any snow. I have only made it out once this year.

I paid around 440 for the board at a local shop; i am a huge fan of supporting the local retailers in the area.
I feel ya on a rough winter, haha. Normally I'd brag about the crazy warm weather we've had, but I'm not a fan of 80F in January & February. I think it's rained/snowed once or twice at most - and we didn't get much when it did. I haven't been out once yet, but having just healed up from a small hand surgery, I'm trying to get a day or 2 in before I have to have a 3rd surgery... Hopefully it works out for all of us, haha