K2 Brigade Wide vs Ride Agenda Wide - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default K2 Brigade Wide vs Ride Agenda Wide

I have done a ton of research for my first board and have narrowed my search down to the K2 Brigade Wide 159 or the Ride Agenda Wide 161. Was wondering if anyone rides these and if one is preferred over the other. The both seem to be pretty equal in construction and price. Thanks.
bbplayerinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just got a 156 Ride Agenda so ill give you the details once i ride it!
pwilldabeast14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

As I'm trying to decide between the exactly same two boards (just not wide), it would be nice if someone could bring up anything at all that makes them different.

The only stat that varies is that K2 has 2000 base and the Ride - 1500. K2 is slightly offset which is unusual for a true twin with same flex and size on both ends but shouldn't be an issue as you can still put bindings in the centered position if you choose to. Ride is a bit wider for same length.

I can get the K2 for $190 and the Ride for $220.

Or if anyone has other suggestions in the low-end price range for a decent all-mountain true twin, please let me know. I'm 210lbs, 6ft, size 11 and only started snowboarding this season. Mostly man made snow, small hills (Blue Mountain, Ontario)
DemonPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Good question? Any word on either board? Did u get one if so how is it
danny662boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Re: K2 Brigade Wide vs Ride Agenda Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonPig View Post
As I'm trying to decide between the exactly same two boards (just not wide), it would be nice if someone could bring up anything at all that makes them different.

The only stat that varies is that K2 has 2000 base and the Ride - 1500. K2 is slightly offset which is unusual for a true twin with same flex and size on both ends but shouldn't be an issue as you can still put bindings in the centered position if you choose to. Ride is a bit wider for same length.

I can get the K2 for $190 and the Ride for $220.

Or if anyone has other suggestions in the low-end price range for a decent all-mountain true twin, please let me know. I'm 210lbs, 6ft, size 11 and only started snowboarding this season. Mostly man made snow, small hills (Blue Mountain, Ontario)
K2 brigade is a directional board, 25mm setback with a directional flex, 3 beveled base edge so it's park ready, but for an all mountain board it's decent, it has a mellow sidecut so flatbaseing is stable and there is enough flex for more aggressive turns. The only gripes I have with the board is the beveled base edge which is silly to put on an all mountain board but I was told a side bevel of 1 it 2 degrees will fix the problem. It's a mid flexing board so some pop is there. The extruded base will need waxing to keep it fast. Its an entry level board, nothing more nothing less. The board is nearly flat that the nose and tail rise gradually after the inserts to about 5mm
ItchEtrigR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

I ended up with the Ride Agenda because I didn't have to wait for it vs. buying the Brigade from an online store that doesn't allow local pickups.

I am very happy with the board so far. It does chip fairly easy (top surface) but other than that it seems to be great for a beginner. Very responsive, easy to turn, not too fast though. I have Ride LX bindings with it and ThirtyTwo boots. The combination works very well for me.

For the price, I would definitely recommend it. I started the season on some outdated 5150 and it is heaven and earth.
DemonPig is offline   Reply With Quote