Ride Machete or Unity Dominion ? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ride Machete or Unity Dominion ?

Hi shredders !

So I've been trying to get some comparison between the Ride Machete and the Unity Dominion. I've tried the Unity Dominion for a week in great conditions, and absolutely fell in love with it (maybe because of the S camber on it or just because Unity makes some sick handmade boards ?). I loved the fact that the Unity Dominion floated beautifully on powder and performed extremely well on groomed slopes as well ! It is definitely the best freeride/freestyle board I've tried so far. However, people also say the Ride Machete is a great all mountain board. So I'm not sure which one of these 2 I should get for the optimal all mountain freeride board. I'm trying to limit myself to these 2 boards so if anyone has tried both, what are the differences/similarities, and most importantly, which board should i go for ? I'm 6'1, 160 pounds and have been riding for about 15 years. Thanks !
FeelTheBeaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBeaT View Post
optimal all mountain freeride board.
First of all, there are A LOT better boards for that category.

I really dig the Ride Machete though, but it's more of a freestyle all mountain deck.

Exactly what kind of riding do you do?
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Unity Dominion is a pretty bad-ass freeride board. I almost bought one last weekend.

The other boards I am considering are NS Raptor or Premier, Venture Zephyr, or, I guess, a Rossignol Experience/Krpyto (I wanted made in USA but I rode for Rossi a while back and, to be honest, I loved their boards).
easton714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

WasatchMan, have you ever tried the Unity Dominion ? I'm a freestyle all mountain rider. Love to bomb down powder and do tricks whenever I see something good, but also love the carving and speed on groomed slopes. Having tried the Dominion, I was seriously amazed at how well it performed be it on powder or groomed runs. I haven't tried the Machete though, which is why I wanted to ask someone who tried both the Machete and the Dominion to see how they compare.
Totally agree with you easton, the Dominion is a sick freeride board, pretty sure it's the S camber that makes it such a sick board.
I had a NS Legacy before that but honestly, the Dominion felt way better, freeride wise.
FeelTheBeaT is offline   Reply With Quote