how long should boards last for? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
EigO

Default how long should boards last for?

the reason that i'm asking is because there is a used never summer system board that i want to buy on another forum and it doesn't look beat up and the edges arent dented or damaged. my main concern is how durable it is since it has been used. so, how much beating can a board take till the boards core starts to wear down? is there a rule of thumb for how many years a freestyle board should be replaced, if you're actually putting it to use; i.e. doing rails and tricks? any help is appreciated.

Last edited by EigO; 03-11-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2008, 03:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

if he was using it a lot for rails it would definately show, IMO. what year is it and how much?

Its hard to say how long it will last, some people are harder on their boards than others, if you are truly worried, than test riding it is your only way to know.

that being said, I wouldnt buy a highly used board off the internet unless I had some other use than riding it. like making something out of the old board. but thats just me...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
i-ride-a-banana

supergildo is right it all depends on how much u ride and how hard u ride. i ride like 4 times a week so i get a new board like once a month and i brake a board like every 2 months. if it has been in the park alot i would be extra careful because if it breaks in the park you could get hurt. plus if u slap it on the cround that breaks to core and if u ride alot the cmber will be broke(less upward bend when it is layed on the ground). ur best bet is to buy from a freind or buy new cuz if its online it could be beat up.
like i personally know not to sell my number one board that i used for the year because there dangerous for other people to ride. if it hasnt broken i keep it for an urban board but my back up boards r for sale. try to find a good riders back up board if your just starting park