Girl needs help with buying her first board. - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Haha thanx EatRideSleep! My birthday is 19 June, but in February I am going to board again and so my parents said that I could get my birthdaypresent already, so I don't have to hire a board.

I think I prefer a 156 and my bootsize in Europa is 41, but I'm not sure what it is in snowboardlanguage haha?

2 Inches shorter is taller than average? OMG that means I am very tall haha, but I think in Holland the average is much higher, so no worries for me.

Hahaha Smokehaus love your wordchoice! But it's still better when I found a board for $380 instead of $450.
Nette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am all for saving money. Had my sights set on a Proto CT which runs about $530 but decided to pick up an Arbor Westmark for $400 instead and I am completely happy with my decision.
Smokehaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nette View Post
Haha thanx EatRideSleep! My birthday is 19 June, but in February I am going to board again and so my parents said that I could get my birthdaypresent already, so I don't have to hire a board.

I think I prefer a 156 and my bootsize in Europa is 41, but I'm not sure what it is in snowboardlanguage haha?

2 Inches shorter is taller than average? OMG that means I am very tall haha, but I think in Holland the average is much higher, so no worries for me.

Hahaha Smokehaus love your wordchoice! But it's still better when I found a board for $380 instead of $450.
Should be a US size 10 for women. Also you have about the same riding stats as me (height/weight) and I ride anywhere from a 153-156 depending on the mountain. I am going to assume that a 156 womens board is built differently though.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehaus View Post
I am all for saving money. Had my sights set on a Proto CT which runs about $530 but decided to pick up an Arbor Westmark for $400 instead and I am completely happy with my decision.
So what you meant is: price doesn't say everything?

I just found the Nitro Fate (Blue Tomato Winkel | Nitro Fate 156 11/12 Women Snowboard | Nitro | Snowboards vrouwen |*Snowboards) and it looks really nice.
Anyone experience with this board? Do you think it's to difficult for me to ride it or not?

Last edited by Nette; 01-19-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

roxy ollie pop k2 va va voom, can't go wrong........
Old 01-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehaus View Post
Should be a US size 10 for women. Also you have about the same riding stats as me (height/weight) and I ride anywhere from a 153-156 depending on the mountain. I am going to assume that a 156 womens board is built differently though.
But what do you advise me? 156 or smaller?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
d15

41 euro is 9.5 US womens. Size 10 is not the way to go.

I think a 155-156 length should be good.
d15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Roxy Ollie pop is a great board. I've love all of my Roxy boards.

I rode this seasons and next season down in Agentina. Erin Comstock is a sick female rider helped designed/make it. Altho she did say the Roxy Eminence (Torah Bright's board) was secretly her favorite.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d15 View Post
41 euro is 9.5 US womens. Size 10 is not the way to go.

I think a 155-156 length should be good.
You are correct on the size, but she is not buying boot rather she was stating her foot size to make sure they would fit on the board.

And as D15 said 155-156 should be just fine.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

Quote:
I just found the Nitro Fate (Blue Tomato Winkel | Nitro Fate 156 11/12 Women Snowboard | Nitro | Snowboards vrouwen |*Snowboards) and it looks really nice.
Anyone experience with this board? Do you think it's to difficult for me to ride it or not?
Okay great; if I happen to see anything in that size and price range, I'll let you know.

Haha, yeah, the average height for chicks in the States is somewhere around 5'3" or so. It becomes a hassle when trying to find outerwear that fits well (long enough without being too big) when you're a chick taller than average here.

Anyway, as for the Nitro Fate, I looked at that board last season, but it's a zero camber (wasn't what I was looking for). So talking about camber profiles, do you have a preference?

Edit: Considering the others' suggestions for Roxy boards and that I have a Mervin board (with C2BTX), I noticed a last season's Eminence on sale. It's in your price range and a 155 http://www.proboardshop.com/9855rxec...AID=1166333303. I am not familiar with that retailer but they will ship internationally. The cost increases by $65 though. I didn't find many manufacturers who have boards longer than 151-153, besides Gnu and Roxy. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that.

Last edited by EatRideSleep; 01-19-2012 at 11:26 PM.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote