Girl needs help with buying her first board. - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
Okay great; if I happen to see anything in that size and price range, I'll let you know.

Haha, yeah, the average height for chicks in the States is somewhere around 5'3" or so. It becomes a hassle when trying to find outerwear that fits well (long enough without being too big) when you're a chick taller than average here.

Anyway, as for the Nitro Fate, I looked at that board last season, but it's a zero camber (wasn't what I was looking for). So talking about camber profiles, do you have a preference?

Edit: Considering the others' suggestions for Roxy boards and that I have a Mervin board (with C2BTX), I noticed a last season's Eminence on sale. It's in your price range and a 155 Best Prices On Roxy Eminence C2 BTX Snowboard 155 - Women's. I am not familiar with that retailer but they will ship internationally. The cost increases by $65 though. I didn't find many manufacturers who have boards longer than 151-153, besides Gnu and Roxy. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that.

Hmm about the camber... I don't have very knowledge about it haha, but a friend of me said I really have to buy an banana (?). And I think I also want a twin board, so I can do fakie. What do you advise haha? -Sorry for al my 'what do you advise questions', but I think you'll know it much better than me.

The Roxy Cadence seems very nice! The only thing I could notice is that I think the appearance is a little boring? But maybe I am just a little to picky.
Nette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #22 (permalink)

And does anyone know this board: Elan Prodigy (Blue Tomato Winkel | Elan Prodigy 156 11/12 Snowboard | Elan | Freestyle+Freeride |*Snowboards)
Old 01-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nette View Post
Hmm about the camber... I don't have very knowledge about it haha, but a friend of me said I really have to buy an banana (?). And I think I also want a twin board, so I can do fakie. What do you advise haha? -Sorry for al my 'what do you advise questions', but I think you'll know it much better than me.

The Roxy Cadence seems very nice! The only thing I could notice is that I think the appearance is a little boring? But maybe I am just a little to picky.
Banana tech or reverse camber/rocker is referring to the shape of the board. Rocker or banana boards will be less catchy, and easier to press around. The down side is they dont carve well. A blend of the two is better. A good bit of info on board styles can be found here: Riding Style, Ability Level & Snowboard Design

That same site also offers pretty good reviews of boards to make a better informed decision. Or it could just make it more difficult by seeing so many different boards. Haha.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdot84 View Post
Banana tech or reverse camber/rocker is referring to the shape of the board. Rocker or banana boards will be less catchy, and easier to press around. The down side is they dont carve well. A blend of the two is better. A good bit of info on board styles can be found here: Riding Style, Ability Level & Snowboard Design

That same site also offers pretty good reviews of boards to make a better informed decision. Or it could just make it more difficult by seeing so many different boards. Haha.
Thank you very much! That was really helpful!
But there aren't many boards with a blend of the two, are there?
Old 01-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
No not too many have a blend of the two. The Roxy Eminence that was posted earlier (Best Prices On Roxy Eminence C2 BTX Snowboard 155 - Women's) is actually a really good board and has hybrid rocker. Thats what c2 btx is. The Rossignol Diva Magtek is an awesome all mountain board that has hybrid camber. Best Prices On Rossignol Diva Magtek Snowboard 152 - Women's 2012
Old 01-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #26 (permalink)

Looking at the posts again...I think for an all mountain freestyle ride the Roxy eminence is a good bet. Good price and proboardshop is a decent site. I've purchased items from them before.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

Quote:
The Roxy Eminence I linked has the C2BTX tech, which has banana (BTX) between your feet and camber (C2) from the binding inserts to the contact points (2 cambers outside your feet; one on each side). It is a true twin, so riding switch (fakie) will be fine.

I'm assuming your coming from a positive camber board? If so, you might really like the C2BTX tech because it still has pop. A zero camber profile (like the Nitro Fate you mentioned) is flat, no camber. A pure banana (BTX) might feel a little squirrely carving but good in the park. However, considering you're an advanced rider, like the park, and going for an instructor course, a blend of the two is your best bet imo.

Like rdot84, my vote is for last season's Roxy Eminence. You're getting a $500+ deck within your price range (not much, if anything, has changed from last season's to this season's). As for the graphics, I happen to like the clean and simple top sheet haha, but if you don't, you can always sticker it up anyway you want! I really think this is your best bet considering what you're looking for.

The Rossi Diva is another good suggestion but out of your price range. Sorry, I don't know much about Elan boards but in looking at the link, it's a traditional (positive) camber board. For around the same price, you get more tech with the Roxy. You might really like the hybrid camber (I do!). It also has magnetraction, so it will help on ice (if you ever have ice where you ride).

Here's a review Shayboarder (a chick) did on last season's Eminence Snowboard Review: 10-11 Roxy Eminence C2 BTX Shayboarder.com
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #28 (permalink)

Aaah so much thanks for all the help! I really want this board now haha.
But do you know anything about the delivering costs to the Netherlands?

And what kind of bindings and boots do you advise haha?
Old 01-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're welcome! Yeah, I would be stoked on that deal if I were you

The link (Proboardshop) will deliver to the Netherlands for an additional $65 iirc. Check the site and the shipping info. Or, phone them and ask. I've called them before and spoke with a chick there that was super nice and helpful (I have never purchased anything from them though).

As for boots, find a pair that fit you best; go to a shop and try on as many as you can. Bindings...I have a board very similar to the Eminence (Gnu B Pro) and have 10/11 Union Milans on mine. I like the bindings so far, minimal issues. I was also considering tossing a pair of Flux GM30s or Rome Madisons on it, but went with the Unions because I was able to purchase them locally. Perhaps you can check out those three binding options. Be sure that your boots fit your bindings, too!
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #30 (permalink)

Yesterday I went with my mother to a shop in The Netherlands, because I had to try shoes. But we went home with a new board, bindings and shoes!
Because it's 'end of the season' there wasn't much choose, but we had a really good deal.
I now have a 152 Burton Lipstick 2012, with Burton Cartel 2012 bindings (green haha) and burton shoes. I really love it, but I hope it will ride well.