Powder Board Suggestions! - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #51 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
Ha!
Its a supermodel swallowtail lol
Burton is thinking outside the box, then building a 158 only WTF?
I really don't remember the Supermodel having that much nose... ever. It was basically a tapered Custom X.

Also only a 158 cause you stand just inside the swallow tail. In the deep you have very little buoyancy coming from your tail. Meaning your nose pops up. Big powder boards suck. They're lumbery. The biggest board I ever want to ride is a 156.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #52 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member
 
ETM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The winds are a changing
Posts: 2,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I really don't remember the Supermodel having that much nose... ever. It was basically a tapered Custom X.

Also only a 158 cause you stand just inside the swallow tail. In the deep you have very little buoyancy coming from your tail. Meaning your nose pops up. Big powder boards suck. They're lumbery. The biggest board I ever want to ride is a 156.
its got a little more nose yes.
I dont need to be schooled in swallowtails though thanks nivek. Big powder boards rule some people just cant handle them
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:46 AM   #53 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
its got a little more nose yes.
I dont need to be schooled in swallowtails though thanks nivek. Big powder boards rule some people just cant handle them
Alright I'll be a little more detailed as you asked since you need to be schooled on swallow tails.

See, the african swallows use the cutout in their tails to create a space time vortex that stirs up anti-gravitons thus creating more lift as they fly. Its a process that we have been unable to duplicate in aeronautics but have succeeded in snowboarding. Its a bit of a complicated matter regarding specific densities and subatomic spin orientationing. Dont get all this confused with the european swallows though as they employee a completely different process primary using the quantum entanglement theories regarding left quarks.

I can handle big boards. I do it all the time. I do work in a shop, if I couldn't handle big boards it'd be pretty hard to grab and show anyone over 200lbs anything...
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:13 AM   #54 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Default Yep, like Kate Upton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
Ha!
Its a supermodel swallowtail lol
Burton is thinking outside the box, then building a 158 only WTF?
Supermodel it may be, it is one sexy board with a sexy name. Hopefully it doesnt have a bull**** price that burton can make.
NASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #55 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 676
Default

What bullshit prices?
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #56 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
See, the african swallows use the cutout in their tails to create a space time vortex that stirs up anti-gravitons thus creating more lift as they fly. Its a process that we have been unable to duplicate in aeronautics but have succeeded in snowboarding. Its a bit of a complicated matter regarding specific densities and subatomic spin orientationing. Dont get all this confused with the european swallows though as they employee a completely different process primary using the quantum entanglement theories regarding left quarks.
But can they carry a coconut?
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
What bullshit prices?
1500 burton mystery for a pile o shit bullshit prices. Honestly. What the fuck.
NASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #58 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 676
Default

It's made of expensive tech and its aimed at rich people. If you can't afford it, don't waste your time hating the price tag. Lib has one that's even more expensive
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #59 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,377
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASA View Post
1500 burton mystery for a pile o shit bullshit prices. Honestly. What the fuck.
It likes powder a lot, rides like a very precise Sherlock (I have both). Feather light.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #60 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25
Default

I'm also looking for a new power / all mtn board, but mostly pow, and I was thinking the Yes PYL 156 but I have been out of snowboarding for 3 yrs now and do not what to choose...there's so many.

I'm 5'8" 145lbs with sizw 9 boot.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by mmarra; 06-28-2013 at 08:13 PM.
mmarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums