Powder Board Suggestions! - Page 7 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

Exclamation Dont go yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarra View Post
I'm also looking for a new power / all mtn board, but mostly pow, and I was thinking the Yes PYL 156 but I have been out of snowboarding for 3 yrs now and do not what to choose...there's so many.

I'm 5'8" 145lbs with sizw 9 boot.

Thank you for your help.
Do not go with YES, Jones, Slash, or NOW IPO bindings. They all have a contract with each other, and are working in coalition. I have a friend who works for Nidecker (The producer for Jones) and he says that Nidecker also controls production for YES and Slash boards. Nidecker is a fantastic company, however, these 3 companies have terrible snowboards, and its not nideckers fault. The NOW IPO bindings are terrible, I owned a pair, I prefer my cheap burton progression bindings.
NASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #62 (permalink)

There are many round these parts who say otherwise..........
Old 06-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Default Nasa *banned*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
There are many round these parts who say otherwise..........
NASA has been banned from posting on the forum. As you know, Jones Hovey is the best evar. NASA = banned, and burton sux. NS ftw.

^^^^^^^classic forumers
NASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #64 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarra View Post
I'm also looking for a new power / all mtn board, but mostly pow, and I was thinking the Yes PYL 156 but I have been out of snowboarding for 3 yrs now and do not what to choose...there's so many.

I'm 5'8" 145lbs with sizw 9 boot.

Thank you for your help.
K2 Ultra Dream.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #65 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

My favorite so far has been my smokin kt-22. Great all mountain board and also great in powder with a built in setback and clash rocker(rocker camber hybrid). Your size would be fine on a 152-156 size range. My son is 5'7" 150 and lives his buck ferton for big mountain competition in all conditions. Extremely durable too.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #66 (permalink)

Default to each their own

"I know one of these boards would be awesome to own, but I don't think they would fair well on groomers." That is such a false statement, me and a couple of my buds own Fish and often make smart ass comments in the lift line that "you cant carve on a Fish, it's only for powder", but then on our way back up the chair, we can pick out our knife edge on the groomers below. I also own a Malolo (full camber, no S-Rocker) and can honestly say that that is the best all around board I've owned speed, carving, powder, stable and with my EST Triads super light.

This year I'm going to pick up a 163 Juice Wagon, I think it will ride real close to my Malolo, originally I wanted a Barracuda 161, but not ready to pull the trigger on S-Rocker, maybe I'll rent one from REI before my purchase
Clayton Bigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #67 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yep, you're right in skipping the cuda. Not that s-rocker is bad (it's actually quite good, not including the cuda version of it). I've ridden the cambered and s-rockered fishes, cambered and rockered malolo, the cuda and juice wagon, just for reference
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #68 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASA View Post
Do not go with YES, Jones, Slash, or NOW IPO bindings. They all have a contract with each other, and are working in coalition. I have a friend who works for Nidecker (The producer for Jones) and he says that Nidecker also controls production for YES and Slash boards. Nidecker is a fantastic company, however, these 3 companies have terrible snowboards, and its not nideckers fault. The NOW IPO bindings are terrible, I owned a pair, I prefer my cheap burton progression bindings.
Oh missed this gold. I've started to realize this bloke might just be trollin to troll but... I'mma get at this anyhow.

Fuck Nidecker. They are a shitty manufacturer. On Slash, it was started by Gigi who is one of the raddest dudes in the industry. He is so impossibly stoked on snowboarding and is positively fascinated by snowboard manufacturing. YES is the old UnInc crew and they are doing a damn good job picking up riders that need to be picked up. Frank April is one of the best urban riders right now and they snagged up Sweetin when Forum went down. They are no longer at Nidecker, neither is Slash. Both were at Elan and then they went under and last I heard are both now at GST. From the tech Jones was pushing in the new stuff for '14 at SIA I was assuming Elan as well, no clue where they're at now. All three brands were dissatisfied with Nidecker and searching for another factory. Yeah, Nidecker sure is THE shit. Oh and funny how their boards go BETTER when the switched factories. Now partnered with them? As far as a distributor and reps yeah. And JF and the YES dudes and Gigi are all friends and shred together. Why wouldn't they partner up? Bullshit they aren't good bindings too. You're just blatantly wrong there. The theory works very well and this was a great debut for the product.

Ahhh, troll fed. That felt nice though.

Support Slash, support YES, support Jones, support NOW. Good brands for the industry.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #69 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Aren't they still with Nidecker in some capacity? Something like, it's still Nidecker tech but built at a different factory. Also, the marketing guys or whatever were hired by Nidecker to run the Yes/Jones marketing or something. It's late and I have forgotten how to speak English
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #70 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hovercraft is absolute bliss on powder. and slashes good carves on hardpack too. The rocker nose goes trough crud like butter.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote