Is this a bad habit or wrong? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is this a bad habit or wrong?

Sup peeps, I have a question this is my second season riding and I can ride greens/blues and some blacks.I cant do my S-turns with no problem.But my question is I took a lesson about 3 weeks ago to sharpen up my skills.The Insructor was really cool and said that the only thing he can spot that I was doing wrong was that I needed more front leg extention,so I fixed that.He showed me board flex or the pedal motion to link turns.But when I link my turns, I can't do that pedal motion especialy at higher speeds.Note that I link them perfectly but is that a bad habit?
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

i guess I would have to see to be able to say. if your way works for you, I dont see how it could be "wrong". honestly teaching someone pedal motion is just to get muscle memory and the the correct feeling of turning, but naturally with time I think everyone kind of forms their own way

if its really bad i would imagine you would hit some sort of wall and have to correct it to keep progressing, but I cant really say without seeing...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

yeah well iv'e seen myself ride on video,and it looks fine.It's just that when the instructor did it, it looked so sweet and so fast and naroow.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

sweet fast and narrow?

I really have no image o what your talking about. just remember keep your knees slightly bent and your back perpendicular with your board...