Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need Help Before I Buy My First Board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/45650-need-help-before-i-buy-my.html)

nofxn 01-20-2012 01:08 PM

Need Help Before I Buy My First Board

I am still a beginner learning but I can't afford always renting anymore.

Size 156 I am 5"9 165lb size 11 foot
Best Prices On Capita Indoor Survival Snowboard 156 - Mens

Waist width is 151

I am worried that my giant size 11 foot is gonna be a problem I am gonna get burton shrinking boots and unionforces bindings...

What do you think for my first kit? Also any issues with toe overhang?

Smokehaus 01-20-2012 01:10 PM

"Waist Width: 152cm - 243mm, 154cm - 247mm, 156cm - 251mm, 158cm - 253mm, 160cm - 256mm"

Smokehaus 01-20-2012 01:11 PM

Unless you rock an extremely close stance with little to no angle you should be fine. The waist width is measured at the very middle of the board where it is the smallest. The board gets wider the father you go out (where your bindings will be) and should be fine.

nofxn 01-20-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokehaus (Post 470132)
Unless you rock an extremely close stance with little to no angle you should be fine. The waist width is measured at the very middle of the board where it is the smallest. The board gets wider the father you go out (where your bindings will be) and should be fine.

My stance is just outside my shoulders....

I love this board and am willing to chop of my toes to prevent toe drag.

wait no toes.....aw crap

According to burton my footprint should be around a 10 since I am an 11

Smokehaus 01-20-2012 01:24 PM

Get boots with a smaller footprint if you want, but I do not think it will be necessary.

And just for future reference, people measure their stance width by what holes you mount your bindings in on the board. Good to know once you get your stance dialed in so you can put it on other boards and such.

nofxn 01-20-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokehaus (Post 470142)
Get boots with a smaller footprint if you want, but I do not think it will be necessary.

And just for future reference, people measure their stance by what holes you mount your bindings in. Good to know once you get your stance dialed in so you can put it on other boards and such.

This is my first board so I am actually not sure but I guess I am going to have fun playing around with angles and maybe even stance.:D

Smokehaus 01-20-2012 01:42 PM

Well just play around until you find something comfortable. Most people find something close to 12(front)/-9(back) to feel good starting out, but it is just a starting place. Most boards now a days come reference arrows where the binding inserts are which is a good starting width for most.

nofxn 01-20-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokehaus (Post 470153)
Well just play around until you find something comfortable. Most people find something close to 12(front)/-9(back) to feel good starting out, but it is just a starting place. Most boards now a days come reference arrows where the binding inserts are which is a good starting width for most.

Also noticed that you are a VA brah...ever been to camelback? If so what is the easiest trail there?

EDIT: Just saw that you actually posted in my camelback thread lol