Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Suggestions For New Board For Ground Tricks (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/45665-suggestions-new-board-ground-tricks.html)

SAVAGE WAYZ 01-20-2012 04:20 PM

Suggestions For New Board For Ground Tricks

So I am looking to get a new board since my Horrorscope was stolen last month :mad:. Previously I was riding a Sierra Reverse Crew (first reverse camber board). This board will mainly be for ground tricks since I am trying to get down like the riders from Japan. I do want something that will also be good on the mountain no matter the condition. Last season, riding my Horrorscope in icy conditions was horrible.

All in all, I want something I can freestyle with throughout the mountain. I may hit also hit small to medium kickers, and eventually would like to ride more in the park. I'm 5'8, 175 and have been riding 153-155

All suggestions are welcome!

SAVAGE WAYZ 01-23-2012 11:54 PM

Anyone out there with suggestions?

snowboardr77 01-24-2012 03:42 AM

Never summer Sl. All mountain ripper but very good soft flex. I just got one and couldn't believe how soft it was but could hold up at high speed:thumbsup:

Riley212 01-24-2012 03:54 AM

signal rocker light might also be an option and is a little cheaper.

jdang307 01-24-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowboardr77 (Post 472117)
Never summer Sl. All mountain ripper but very good soft flex. I just got one and couldn't believe how soft it was but could hold up at high speed:thumbsup:

The SL isn't stiff but isn't that soft. The Evo is softer yet isn't that soft. You need a noodle almost to do what those japanese dudes are doing.

I think they were using a lot of signal boards but I may be wrong.

SAVAGE WAYZ 01-25-2012 12:12 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!

I checked out the Signal Rocker & Rocker Light. One review I read said that this is better suited for being a park only board. Anyone here have the Rocker and use it all over the mountain?

I was also looking at the Arbor Westmark or Draft. Any idea how these compare to a Never Summer SL or Signal Rocker?

huckfin 01-25-2012 12:14 PM

the park pickle is a super fun board for ground tricking, but lacks in any sort of deep or tracked out conditions.. it's a noodle.

Smokehaus 01-25-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAVAGE WAYZ (Post 473261)
Thanks for the suggestions!

I checked out the Signal Rocker & Rocker Light. One review I read said that this is better suited for being a park only board. Anyone here have the Rocker and use it all over the mountain?

I was also looking at the Arbor Westmark or Draft. Any idea how these compare to a Never Summer SL or Signal Rocker?

As for Arbor:

Ground tricks = Draft

All Mountain = Westmark

I personally would take the SL out of the picture.

CheeseForSteeze 01-25-2012 12:54 PM

You can definitely butter it up with the Westmark. I'd go Signal Park Zero, K2 WWW, Arbor Draft, Nitro Swindle if you want a butter stick that can go outside the mountain.

SAVAGE WAYZ 01-25-2012 01:31 PM

Thanks again guys! Definitely going to look more into these suggestions.

I guess the next thing would be finding an appropriate size. Since I am using this for ground tricks, would a smaller board be better? It looks like most of these suggestions I can get either a 152/153 or 155. Again, I am 5'8 175.