Build me a setup for $800! - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #31 (permalink)

Just surf all the online sites and check their Outlet or Sale tabs. They've all got good deals on last years gear. You may not find what was recommended to you, but none of it's bad. Goggles are more of a preference than performance item. Boots are the biggest deal and what you should think about the most I think. Comfort is paramount!
Crimzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzn View Post
Just surf all the online sites and check their Outlet or Sale tabs. They've all got good deals on last years gear. You may not find what was recommended to you, but none of it's bad. Goggles are more of a preference than performance item. Boots are the biggest deal and what you should think about the most I think. Comfort is paramount!
I never thought that boots were most important before this thread, i always thought it was the board, but obviously I was wrong! Do boots have certain levels of flex that go with different boards, like bindings do? I don't want to get equipment that was suited for different areas of the mountain then each other
ilikecoupons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

They do. Most seem to be either soft/medium or stiff. Grab a comfy soft/medium for all around riding, stiff for racing.
Crimzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #34 (permalink)

I'd rephrase that^. soft flex is pretty much used only for park. It gives you the ability to tweak your board more. Medium flex gives you more support for all mountain, but I personally feel it's still great if used in the park. stiff flex is pretty much a mountain oriented boot. If you're not riding park and you want as much response/as little flex as possible, you're gonna want to go with that. I personally suggest medium flex. It will suit most riding styles and will definitely keep you happy.

When it comes to bindings, it's pretty similar to boots. I run a "jibbing" binding with medium flex boots (burton cobrasharks/nike zoom force 1) so I have flex when I really need it but support when I don't. I feel that sticking to only stiff flex or only medium flex or whatever, is not giving you a lot of freedom.

For a board, I think that is really up to you. I think shopping around for a board, taking your time reading reviews, and seeing what fits your style and interests is the best way to gauge what type of board you're looking for. Remember, don't worry about the brand name, just try to find what fits what you want to ride.
,andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #35 (permalink)

right now, I like to go down groomers, but I definitely want to get into park soon. I'll probably get medium for the flexibility thanks!
ilikecoupons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #36 (permalink)

glad to help. if you ever need someone to ride with pm me. i'm at boulder or jf every weekend. I'd be happy to intro you to the park as well.
,andreas is offline   Reply With Quote