Rome Anthem 154... did I do good? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rome Anthem 154... did I do good?

I just learned to snowboard this year, in Dec I bought myself a used Lamar board from a buddy... it was pretty beat up and well used. But did the trick, got me down the hills, and let me find out if the sport was really for me.

So today I went into a local shop near me to have it waxed/tuned before heading out this weekend - as recommended by my snowboard buddies. So while at the shop looking around I came across a Rome Anthem 154... on sale - end of season sale type thing.

So I talk to the guy about it, he tells me my board is "dead" - which i kinda expected to be honest.

Im in sales so the first and last questions when buying something is --- whats the best deal.

I picked up the board, with setup ( he swaped over my bindings ect, 3 free tunes next year ( $40/each ) and a ski-key lock for just over $400 CDN. ( i live in Ontario CA so we have 13% tax here )

So, did I do ok?? I feel like I did, but some added reassuarnce is always nice.

Now just have to explain it to the wifey about a new snowboard when all i was going to go spend was $40... lol

BTW.. if your curious I have Morrow bindings... and Airwalk boots. Plan is too pick up new boots this coming fall. And ride at local places such as Cobble Hills near London ON, Chicopee in Kitchener, and of course Blue Mtn and thinking about trying holiday valley this weekend.

Thanks guys! and gals!
crazykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ugh, dude chickenpee is the worst frigging hill, evar!... its barely long enough for tubing!

but if its all ya got than git er dun. I'll be in waterloo this weekend, and going from there straight to blue on sunday... LMK if u wanna riiiide. I can't decide which board to bring out tho... I'll prolly bring the MFM out.

edit: $400 isn't too bad for us up here, btw... and anthem will easily go for over $650 regular price. That being said, I'll gladly order one from the states for $250 on sale and pay $100 for duties/taxes upon pickup.

Kris
Toronto Prelude Club
kri$han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
danemeyer20

wow, you guys really get screwed ordering american products huh? dam
Old 03-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
hurtbirdbath

i paid 350 for my 159 a couple weeks ago withy free shipping. Thats the cheapest i have seen. 400 is good from what I have seen.