Arbor Blacklist for Ladies = Cadence !? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 04:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jaa

female Arbor Blacklist for Ladies = Cadence !?

OK, so two of my guy friends ride Blacklists and can't stop raving about how amazing it is. So I got curious and read about the Arbor Cadence. Wow...that is a beautiful board. Is the Cadence the women's version of the Blacklist & Westmark?

How does the Cadence compare to the NS Pandora? The topsheet alone makes me totally regret getting the Never Summer Pandora.

Last edited by Jaa; 01-23-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Jaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 04:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the cadence is similar to the westmark which is similar to the blacklist I suppose.

that said everything I've read about the pandora indicates it's a good freestyle board. If you have it already go rip it. You can grab a cadence next year
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

I totally love that you have a Trapper Keeper!
stealthyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

What kind of riding are you doing? A friend of mine has the 2011 Cadence and likes the board a lot, but gets some chatter at speed and on choppy terrain (plus not the best grip in icey conditions, it can do it but you really have to stay on it). If you purely freeride you might like a different board, but if you throw a good amount of park time in you will love it.
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

I ride the '011 Cadence 147. Great, super playful board for the whole mountain. Loose, surfy feeling takes a little getting used to, if you're used
to riding regular camber boards. A little unstable at high speeds. I haven't ridden the NS Pandora before, so I can't compare the two. If you like the way
the Pandora rides, just keep it covered with snow so you don't have to look at it.

I wouldn't dismiss a good board because of its graphics blah blah blah, but damn. I grew up in the 80's,
rocked those styles the first time around, too old for it the second time around.

Is that blue Cadence the 2013 version? Arbor did the Sylvia Ji graphic for two years (2010 and 2011) and the graphics for 2012 board has a different artist.
Kauila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Like Efil was saying, the Cadence is probably great for the park, but the NS Pandora might be a bit better all around. I think the Pandora is a sintered base, while the Cadence is an extruded base, IIRC. It's personal preference, but I think hybrid camber is great for charging groomers, while rocker is more playful.
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote