Board choice- Yes Big City or Gnu RC C2?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board choice- Yes Big City or Gnu RC C2??

Looking at buying a new board and have not got the chance to ride either but from all the reviews I can find I think I have it narrowed down to the Yes Big City 158 or 160 or the GNU Riders Choice C2 BTX 157.5 or 161.5. Background I guess I would say Im an intermediate. I like to ride powder runs if there is fresh snow and when I ride blues orgroomed blues Im always looking to cut trails or hit a few jumps. I do hit blacks if the runs are fresh but prefer the speed I can handle on blues better. Never had a desire to ride a park or hit rails but I dont want to say I never will.

This past week I rode a 160W Jones Twin Mountain and enjoyed it over boards I have rode in the past. It did seem a bit hairy once the runs got chopped up a bit and seemed like it didnt want to flat base it.

Im 6'0" 210lbs with my weight moving around +-5 pounds pretty regularly. So I am leaning to the longer board in both brands. I wear a size 10 snowboard boot most all the time, and about 90% I will purchase new boots(small print) with the board so pretty sure I dont need a Wide.

Both boards look great to me with close to same price and reviews so kinda at a standstill at what I want to do. Most likely going to throw Union Atlas bindings on the board. Any suggestions I will defniately take. Thanks
gibbs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Actually throw the Lib tech trs c2 btx 2012 in the mix also. Buddy just demoed it this past weekend and def said it was up there in a board I should check out
gibbs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

first off get the bigger boards if you aren't gonna be in the park with it.

Second i vote for the YES big city because it wil float better in pow with the big nose and set back stance.

But if you ride in icier conditions more often than pow go with the riders choice for the magnetraction.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you liked the way the mountain twin handled with the exception of the instability in chop I'd go with the Big City. Same camrock profile but stiffer than the mountain twin. I've got a Big City and several lib C2 boards (t.rice & jamie lynn). I prefer the Big City in just about every condition except when it is really icy. The edge hold will be better on the Gnu/Lib.

You can also ride the Big City centered. I do sometimes and to me it doesn't feel much different than ridden at the reference points.
kingkoajmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Big City, I rode one a couple of weeks ago and bought one two days later to add to the quiver. A few of my friends have ridden mine and it gets a thumbs up from everyone that does.
BoardWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Necro revival. I just bought a Big City the other day. 162xl. Paired it with Rome Mob Boss bindings. Planning on this being my daily rider. Was looking for something twinish that won't kick my ass day in day out when riding patrol this season. Im not a park guy at all. Already own a NS Raptor and a premier t5 that I cut as a swallowtail. Those that have ridden or still ride their big city... What do you think of it in regards to an all mountain daily rider? I currently have the bindings set up centered and plan to use it to progress my switch riding. Thanks and apologize for the the old school resurrection.
wernersl is offline   Reply With Quote