Whats Your Favorite Wax? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 03:32 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdsnowman View Post

Been using paraffin wax for years. never had a problem with it...I will get crucified by some on here but I dont care. I have history on my side 40 years worth...

paraffin is the base of all waxes. it goes on smoother, coates more evenly, scrapes off easily and I dont even buy it....I go to moms pantry and grab a bar..

this has been used for generations on skis which have the same primary materials as snowboards....

again people will shit on me but I dont care. it works

It is pretty much the same but the one thing that I have read is that straight Paraffin wax may not last as long as other wax will.
orangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinden View Post
Hertel Super Hot Sauce All Temperature
Just order 25oz of it how do you like it? Do really notice a difference?
ehcanadian30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Just don't buy Soy wax. That shit is hard to scrape and doesn't last at all.

I just changed to Bluebird all-temp and I'm 100% satisfied with it. I've ridden this wax on man-made crap and ice twice and have only had to do a touch up rub on waxing on some of the edges. It's still rideable right now.

I hear good things about Hertel. That will be my next purchase. Although one common complaint about Hotsauce is that it's not dense. Meaning a big block doesn't last as long as you would think.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Used that stuff once and am never using it again after two runs with it i looked like i hadn't waxed at all.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
mjd

i order a 1/4 lbs. brick of all-temp shop wax every couple of seasons. usually OBJ or Bluebird. i normally do my gf's and our friend's boards too. basement, boombox, beer and boards- good therapy.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:

I just changed to Bluebird all-temp and I'm 100% satisfied with it. I've ridden this wax on man-made crap and ice twice and have only had to do a touch up rub on waxing on some of the edges. It's still rideable right now.

I hear good things about Hertel. That will be my next purchase. Although one common complaint about Hotsauce is that it's not dense. Meaning a big block doesn't last as long as you would think.
I use Bluebird all temp as well. Works great. And I agree with the soy wax being shit, I got some organic soy wax as a gift last christmas tried it out and it was the slowest wax I've ever used.
ithrowplastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Of all the over-analyzed elements of this sport, wax and waxing has to be at the top of the list.

Any decent wax of the appropriate temperature range is fine unless you're racing or something. You probably won't be able to tell a huge difference. Melt it on, spread it around, scrape it off, and go fucking ride.

It's really that simple. If you're corking and polishing and buffing with your nutsack or whatever, you're just wasting your time IMO. That shit might make an impact for a run or two at most. Just fucking ride.

Purl Natural.

Ever since the back room at the shop I used to work in failed an air quality test (due to the presence of dangerous levels of PFCs), I stopped using the bulk wax from Swix I got for free.

Say what you will about waxing (frequency, temperature, price, etc.), I am never using a PFC wax again.
easton714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #28 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

Quote:
I bought 25 oz for $35 (+$7 shipping) at the beginning of the year. It's in 5 5oz bars that snap off into 1oz pieces. I can easily do a full wax 3 times and change with a 1oz piece. So, that's at least 75 waxes for about $42 so you can determine if that's economical or not.

It is fast in almost all conditions, especially artificial, flat spots. No penguin walking.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton714 View Post
Purl Natural.

Ever since the back room at the shop I used to work in failed an air quality test (due to the presence of dangerous levels of PFCs), I stopped using the bulk wax from Swix I got for free.

Say what you will about waxing (frequency, temperature, price, etc.), I am never using a PFC wax again.
I usually use Purl, simply because that's what the local shop carries in bulk for their shop and they sell me bricks for $20.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #30 (permalink)

Ive also got some edge burn around my board. Would taking some cold wax putting that around the edges and then using regular all temp on the middle help out the edge burn? Opinions?