Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Whats Your Favorite Wax? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/45851-whats-your-favorite-wax.html)

ehcanadian30 01-24-2012 06:52 PM

Whats Your Favorite Wax?

Hey all,
In the process of experimenting and trying some new wax. Im currently using Burton all-temp wax and got tired of it. Heard great things about Hertel and Bluebird. Riding east coast i wax just about every time i go. Just wondering what wax you guys use.
Thanks

ArmyOfSkittles 01-24-2012 08:13 PM

i ride in virginia and ive been using dakine all temp wax seems to be working well but i havent experimented with other waxes. this weekend at snowshoe mountain im going to pick up oneballjay's all temp and some other graphite stuff you "mix" in with it to make it faster and supposed to last longer. i also wax my board every time i go. where do you ride east coast?

ehcanadian30 01-24-2012 08:16 PM

I ride up in NJ, Mountain Creek, but hit up PA and vermont Every now and then.

nickwarrenn 01-24-2012 08:19 PM

I'm using all-temp wax that I got from a booth at the local ski hill on the open house sell your old gear today, like 100g for $5, got 5 sticks and works fine. Thinking I'll invest in some graphite wax though for boardercross this year though. Thoughts?

jyuen 01-24-2012 08:23 PM

it's wax... who cares.. buy cheap, buy lots and wax religiously

Smokehaus 01-24-2012 08:26 PM

I care. I hate shitty cheap wax.

NWBoarder 01-24-2012 08:45 PM

I just use the tried and true One Ball Jay all temp and sometimes the cold. Was thinking about trying out some of the Choad Cheese wax though. I've heard good things.

Smokehaus 01-24-2012 08:47 PM

I personally carry a few different temps of OBJ including some all temp for when I am feeling lazy.

linvillegorge 01-24-2012 08:49 PM

Whatever is cheap bulk all-temp wax for me. I keep a couple sticks of cold temp wax laying around for those single digit days.

FirstChair 01-24-2012 08:50 PM

Swix CH6 Blue 21 to 10 deg F
Toko Red S3 Hydrocarbon 25 to 14 deg F .Economical
Swix F4 Fluoro for wet snow, also ok for an all temp wax.More expensive,gives off nasty chemical fumes if overheated
Swix CH4 for below 14 deg F down to as cold as you may be out there. Must be scraped when warm otherwise just chips off and flies everywhere.A real pain to work with.
Last winter I used CH6 for everything until wet spring conditions then Swix CH8.
Obviously , these temperature ranges are just guidelines.

Heads up, I used Holmenkol Orange(23 degF and up) for a storage wax, as it was inexpensive.It stained the bottom of my lighter colored bases.I can't recommend it for anything except black bases.