Apo Apocalypse. Where can I get bindings for this? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Apo Apocalypse. Where can I get bindings for this?

I just bought 2 of these apo apocalypse boards and they have a funny hole pattern no one around here has seen before. There 2 holes center and then near both edges, below and above the center 2 holes are like 4 holes curved.

: . : kind of like that if u can get the picture only another hole below the middle one and the edges are curved.
: :

can anyone help me out with this. I would like to know any info you may have about the boards too. Ive found 1 similar picture on google and thats it. The link directs me to a french forum website talking about terry kidwell in the post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0132 (478x800) (382x640).jpg (130.6 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0130 (478x800) (382x640).jpg (141.4 KB, 102 views)
brikhouse66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Did you buy these to actually ride? That is old...
easton714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Those things are collectors items. You won't find anything to fit that hole pattern maybe a burton EST might fit on there with some work but that's still a risk.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Oh man. My first deck was an Apocalypse (Cap 5). I still have it, and like you have not seen much online about it. Mine has a normal insert pattern, so I can't help you there.

Most likely the reason you are seeing a French site is because the brand (A.Snowboards at the time mine was made) was started by Regis Rolland (well known for the old Apocalypse films). This link might help if you wanted to know some history about the company, but you might not find much more than that APO SNOW history Who knows...there might be someone at the current company who might help you.

Good luck and post back if you get any info.

BA, feel free to correct me if my history is off
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
d15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
... maybe a burton EST might fit on there with some work but that's still a risk.
You are retarded.
d15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

lol man i dont know too much about boards i havent ridden since i was 12 and am now 21. at that age i never got into the details. yeah i did buy them to ride but i only paid 75 for 2 of them
Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

so as for collectors items. are they more sentimental value or something i can make a few dollars on to get my money back?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikhouse66 View Post
so as for collectors items. are they more sentimental value or something i can make a few dollars on to get my money back?
That's a question someone else might be able to answer better, but for me, mine is for sentimental value. I could still ride it because it's in decent shape, but the question is: why would I when there are better boards to ride?

Who knows...there might be someone out there who wants those boards as collector pieces for sentimental value. Or there's this place I came across while looking for more info on my Apocalypse Donate or Sell Vintage Boards | Utah Snowboard Museum
Old 01-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
Oh man. My first deck was an Apocalypse (Cap 5). I still have it, and like you have not seen much online about it. Mine has a normal insert pattern, so I can't help you there.

Most likely the reason you are seeing a French site is because the brand (A.Snowboards at the time mine was made) was started by Regis Rolland (well known for the old Apocalypse films). This link might help if you wanted to know some history about the company, but you might not find much more than that APO SNOW history Who knows...there might be someone at the current company who might help you.

Good luck and post back if you get any info.

BA, feel free to correct me if my history is off
Thats pretty interesting stuff. I have an old "made in usa" apocalypse board too. Got it on craigslist for like $40 for my wife to learn on and could never find much info on it. So were they only made from 90-92?

BA drop some knowledge.

P.S. Youre not gonna find anything that will fit those. I have heard of some people making there own adapter plates to ride vintage boards with modern bindings. Probably not worth the effort.

Last edited by dantech; 01-25-2012 at 11:10 PM.
dantech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

BA probably has more on this than I do, but iirc, the brand arrived in the US in the 90's (according to that link, '92-'97). They were (and still seem to be, as APO) popular in Europe(?). Rossignol bought the brand sometime in the '90s, then wanted to eliminate the line, Rolland tried to buy back the brand but was shut down.

The Apocalypse I have is either a '93/94 or '94/95. dantech, what does your wife's look like?