Freeride board for me - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Freeride board for me

Hi,

I've been thinking about getting a new board for just free riding.

I am not a freestyle guy. I will be doing mostly riding (minimal jumping). The 2 I'm thinking of are 1) GNU Billy Goat and 2) Endeavor Next.

I am 5'11 160 pounds. There is an Endeavor Next 162 on sale at a shop near me. Is it too long for me? What length would you recommend for a powder board?

Would you recommend any other boards to me?

Currently, I ride a 156 Salomon Answer Directional Twin.

Thanks,
jtung123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For pure freeriding, I don't think 162 is too big unless you like riding a lot of trees.

But, I don't know why you're looking at freestyle oriented boards for freeriding. The Billy Goat makes sense. The Endeavor definitely does not. The Answer? Maybe.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtung123 View Post
Hi,

I've been thinking about getting a new board for just free riding.

I am not a freestyle guy. I will be doing mostly riding (minimal jumping). The 2 I'm thinking of are 1) GNU Billy Goat and 2) Endeavor Next.

I am 5'11 160 pounds. There is an Endeavor Next 162 on sale at a shop near me. Is it too long for me? What length would you recommend for a powder board?

Would you recommend any other boards to me?

Currently, I ride a 156 Salomon Answer Directional Twin.

Thanks,
Where are you riding? If it's the ice coast I'll toss my hat in for the Rome Anthem. Directional twin, camber between the feet rocker outside. Cut's through ice, rides nice through powder (what I could find that wasn't blown away.) Did I mention fast as hell? If you are in a more powder oriented area, you may want something with rocker between the feet and camber underneath the feet.
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

I ride in the interior of BC, Canada. Usually, we get powder.
What length would you recommend?
Thanks for the comment.
jtung123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I say Ride Berzerker.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

With all the different board profiles available now, there is so much personal preference involved that you are going to be much better off demoing some boards at your local hill.

At various times in the season Big White, Revy, Sun Peaks, Silver Star, Red and Whitewater all have demo days featuring many of the major manufacturers (although not all at once). You can try different boards and get some real world advice at the same time.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

If your looking for some freeride boards, maybe try arbor as well.. i just picked up a relapse demo board on ebay to go with my nightrain for 230.00, guy worked with me since im a broke college kid.. ive road burton, ride, and demoed some never summer but i always end up with and arbor...:\ if your looking free ride id look at some of theirs such as the element. The rumor about the boards beind durably crap is a lie.. i smack my nightrain on kickers all the time just tail tapping everything thats there.. not even a scratch in the past season yet besides on the top of the front from a darn skier that was going slow as hell.. Took out about 15 times so far.. just be sure to keep em waxed well and you will be good. Dont use rub on hot wax that bitch. lol takes like 15 minutes if ya know what your doing and it will ride faster then you want.

nothing against gnu either but they aim for park boards.

endeavor not sure, havnt been on one.

All really depends on how much you want to spend on the setup including the bindings.
Check ebay just type arbor snowboards, and ull see the guy selling demo boards on there. really good deal if ya ask me.

Last edited by dskache; 01-26-2012 at 12:20 AM.
dskache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The rumor about the Element being a POS ain't no lie. I've heard good reviews about plenty of their boards but the only one I've owned was the Element. Never in my life seen such a fragile piece of snow sliding equipment.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

thats good to know then cause i heard a bunch of hype around the hills about it having tons of pop and being really fast.. idk, ill put a review up of the relapse when i get done playing with it when i get it. You must have has some crappy experiences with arbor too gorge.. cause i always see ya complaining about them lol.
dskache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can only comment on the Element as that's the only one I have personal experience with. Plenty of good reviews out there on their other sticks. The Element is fast and it's poppy. I have nothing bad to say about how the board rode. It rode great. It's just that it's about as durable as a stick of room temperature butter.