Demo- NS SL v. Attack Banana - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Demo- NS SL v. Attack Banana

I'm 5'10" 175lbs, and an intermediate rider. I mostly freeride (bombing blues, blacks with speed checks, I like trees & pow, side hits, and spend a little time in the park, probably a 90/10 split. The park features I do hit are jumps, maybe a box or two and no rails. I would like to work my way into bombing those black runs, moving to steeps, chutes, and backcountry some day (which will be a different future transaction I'm sure).

I'm looking to purchase a good all mountain board, probably toward the end of the season, and am going to demo a few to see what fits the best. I currently ride a cambered 08 Gnu at 157 (pro rider model who's name I can't ever remember- it's got the slot car track graphic). I really want to check out the rocker/camber hybrid type designs. After looking at many different models and reading tons of reviews my top 2 are the SL and Attack Banana I'm heading up the mountain this weekend and am going to demo a board one of the days I'm there. And I'll demo the other on my next trip in Feb. Probably will start with the SL this weekend, if the right size is available...

So my main question is on size- with the riding I do should I go up in size with the r/c hybrids, compared to my current deck (157)? SL 155 vs. 158? Attack Banana 156 vs. 159?

I've seen a lot of comments / reviews on the NS SL all over the place, and only a few on the Attack Banana. Can anyone give some input on the Attack Banana as to riding it for more than just a demo?

Also, from what I've read, the NS Heritage is very similar to the SL, except it's more directional and more damp. How does that impact what I like to ride? Should I put the Heritage into the consideration list?

Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your input.
Zombaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Im in the same decision.....
The only trouble is to get the Attack banana, is out of stock in all the on line shops....
Im 90% with de with legacy
Massimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Sounds like the heritage is more what you are looking for. You would be fine with the 155 as the RC boards tend to ride a little longer.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Take a look to the Rossi One MagTek.....good reviews too!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It seems like the TRS, T.Rice, or Banana Magic would better suit you out of lib techs line.

Since you are trying to bomb the mountain 90 percent of the time you might also take a look at the F1 in the neversummer line.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

I only have 3 days on my attack banana, which is my first reverse camber board, so I can't offer much of a review. I'm 5' 9" 165 and ride a 156. The sizing is good for me, and I assume fine for you too since you're not that much bigger. I can keep up fine with bigger people riding bigger boards so I assume that logic means its sized fine.
jcblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. I think I will demo on the smaller sizes with these decks. Had a feeling I'd want to add the heritage to the demo list. I'm gonna demo the attack banana this sunday, and try out the heritage & sl on back-to-back days on an upcoming longer trip, so I can easily compare the two.

I'll definitely look into these other decks mentioned too.

Massimo- I haven't seen the Attack Banana in online shops either, but they've been around on eBay in various sizes. I've also found em in my local shops too.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombaco View Post
Massimo- I haven't seen the Attack Banana in online shops either, but they've been around on eBay in various sizes. I've also found em in my local shops too.
Ok, let me know your choise...!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Demoed the Attack Banana in 156 from P3 in Mammoth. Mike at P3 was super helpful and knowledgeable. He suggested I probably wouldn't have a problem handling the 159 either, with its longer effective edge. I'm looking at bindings too, and had it paired up with Flux TT30s (my 5th choice, no correct sizes in the others I wanted to try). I'm nowhere near expert in board review, but this thing was really smooth to ride. I not be able to tell you how much of it was board and how much of it was bindings, but it was a really fun, great ride. Turn initiation was the easiest it's ever been for me. I took it down groomed blacks, blues- no chatter at high speeds (opposite of my current ride), off piste in the trees, on frozen topped powder, off park jumps (pops very nicely) and side trail hits. Glided nicely over some flat traverses too.

Only downside is that they are disappearing from the marketplace, and if I elect to purchase this deck it may have to be sooner than I planned.

Next up I'm gonna demo the SL & Heritage in a couple weeks. I have a feeling I'll be no closer to making a decision.

Last edited by Zombaco; 01-31-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

Great!!!!!
Post your comment about the SL.....
Icant find anywhere the attack banana in 159W....any sugest?
You must go to work with boardinsiders!!!!!