Burton Custom X offer, thoughts? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Custom X offer, thoughts?

Someone I know got a new board for Christmas, and his old board was a Burton Custom X (no idea what year.) He said that it needed some fixing up before he could sell it to me, but I was wondering if I should go for it or wait a few years and buy a brand new board.

I ride basically all-mountain, although I've been trying to get more into park lately, but I have also been getting into off-piste/powder too.

My current setup is a used K2 Fuse, no idea what season, but it looks like this:
with Burton Freestyle bindings. I think it's a powder board, because it's a camber and has one less set of holes in the front.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Matt578; 01-27-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Matt578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wouldn't. the x doesn't really fit your style of riding. escpecially if it needs "fixing up"
Old 01-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks! Especially since I was ready to jump on the offer. What exactly is the X for, then?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Generally the X has been a stiff freeride board, good for carvin groomers fast, hitting huge jumps, and hitting the half pipe, no the best for park and not to great float in powder.

If you are strapped for cash and need a new board you should look on Craigslist for lightly used ones and ask back on here about them, or checkout some websites for deals last years models.
Like this,Discount Snowboards | evo outlet, basicly you want a medium flex board with a little rocker or some sort of rocker combo. also these boards are pretty sweet for those on a budget,White Board. i have the 151 reverse in white, its a pretty fun board.