is there a right snowboard size for everyone? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default is there a right snowboard size for everyone?

Hi everyone, i just wanted some opinions from you guys. im 5'8 165lbs and have been riding 157cm for the past few seasons. I dont do any park, i mainly cruise and carve at high speeds. based on my needs, would downsizing to a 153cm be a bad option or is 157cm pretty optimal for what im doing right now. Ps im using a lib tech t rice hp 157
limeoasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm gonna throw out that it is all individual preference. I'm a little bigger than you and ride a 159wide and love it. I feel stable in all conditions. I borrowed my boys 153 Ride and man what a difference but it is a much softer board too so that also needs to be factored in. His was a lot of fun to mess around on and I might take it off his hands when he gets a new one next year.

But, maybe do to the lack of time on it not sure, I felt less stable as his is a very giving board. It might have been that his being shorter, it took much less effort for the same movement as my board does.

I guess the point is it would be best to demo some boards or borrow a buddies that are different size and softness that compliment your type of riding. Me I ride everywhere and as of now my current set-up is working very well and I don't want to mess with something that aint broke...
Old 01-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Im 5'10 165 and ride my 157 banana magic for pretty much the same thing as you, i hit park jumps and natural hits as well. And my pow board is a 158 charlie slasher.

157 seems about right for all-mtn style riding for me. But i just got a 151 for learning to jib and just farting around, it isn't as good for going fast though.