Online retailers that ship to Canada?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Silly

Default Online retailers that ship to Canada??

Are there any Canadians out there who've bought snowboarding stuff online from the states and had good results? (ie, quick shipping and not paying an arm and a leg for customs/brokerage and shipping fees) I've heard some bad things about getting stuff from the states through UPS.

If so, from which retailers?

The prices down there are great and I'm just trying to see if it's really worth it to buy from the states after you factor in shipping and fees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2008, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Snocon

They ship USPS, so minimal brokerage.

Avoid anyone using UPS, DHL or FedEX. You will not save any money after brokerage fees etc are factored in.

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Forum member Duckie has order from SAC i believe, and said that UPS charges were minimal (I was kind of surprised), but it may be the case that SAC/WM/Other affiliated sites factor UPS charges/brokerage/blahblah into the shipping charge already.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Silly

Thanks guys.

I've seen some pretty sick deals at SAC but have avoided them because they ship UPS to Canada. If I do see something insanely good I might try them out if they do include the brokerage fees etc into their shipping quote.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
duckie

shipping to Canada for those sites aren't bad at all.

but beware of one thing, track your order daily cuz UPS ground just sort of drop it off at your door (do not require signature at all). so glad that i had residence desk to receive my order for me, bonus for living on campus residence!

and all of the deals on there are impossible to find in Canada ...
Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

how far are you from a boarder? there is always the idea of shipping it to a mailboxes ect place and paying them the $10 to look after receiving your order... I use to do this with car parts all the time and just cruise over to pick them up.

Ive thought about ordering some stuff of whiskey militia a couple times.
crazykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hulkster636

I just purchased Ride Beta Movement bindings from evogear, and i paid 16$ throught DHL, so it was pretty good
Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

SierraSnowboard starting April 1 will ship internationally...
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ispepsi

Bought all of my hardware online back in Nov before I discovered WM & SaC, or this Forum. Since it was Nov and I got all 2008 stuff nothing was on significant sale prices, but compared to Canadian retailers around me I still got some wicked deals. Since I never owned any and would've had to rent I don't feel too bad about the full price thing.
So here are a few examples with rough calculations from memory, American currency pretty much dollar for dollar at time of every purchase

What I paid with shipping incl Price to buy locally with taxes
Board: Ride Agenda (152) 301 425
Bindings:K2 Auto 244 370
Boots:32 TM2 270 413
Also got a ton of baselayers for myself and girlfriend, hoodies, fleece's etc all much better.

Since discovering Sac/WM done much better, girlfriend has new everything now too, the Forum Superstar was up last week and with shipping cost me $225, on sale at nearby shop was $526 after tax, she has some new Rome Madison bindings (women's version of 390's I think?!) which were like $140 or so, compared to locally hard to find and nearly doubt price.
Only problem I had so far was WM once confirmed my purchase but never shipped my product until I contacted them 10 days later. Same thing happened with http:/snowboards-for-sale.com when I ordered my Azzpads.
Also UPS has always attempted 3 deliveries and never left a package without having me sign, after 3 days it ends up at local UPS shop 3 minutes from my house where they hold it for 5 days so I can pick up. Only bad experience I've had with UPS is tracking it online and seeing it zig-zag back and forth across the map/borders on it's way to me it a very inefficient manner; and as with most delivery companies there scheduled delivery time is like 11a-5p, not very specific, even so they've missed the 6 hour window once or twice and come nearer 6 p.m.
Still all in all US ordering worked out great for me, WM/Sac are shipping 3 orders to me as we speak.
Sorry for long msg

Last edited by Ispepsi; 03-14-2008 at 02:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

When buying from WM or SAC, what are you paying for brokerage?

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote