lib tech t rice pro HP 2012 153 vs 157 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lib tech t rice pro HP 2012 153 vs 157

Hi everyone looking for some opinion on the sizes for travis rice hp board

Height:5"8
Weight:160lbs
Style: freeride /cruising/bombing/big jumps (no jibbing at all, so dont care for softer flexing boards)

I hear the t rice 153 and 157 are blunted tips, so they ride a size bigger. I ride 157cm usually but many people told me the t rice rides a size bigger. Keep in mind again i like to bomb and carve down hills at high speed and not using this for a jib deck but for bug landings and etc. thanks!
limeoasis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Go with 157.
tomek142 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clarkston, WA
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's your foot size? I'm 5'5" 160 size 9 boot and ride a T.Rice 157 for all mountain... love it for charging and jumps but I'm looking at something different for next season with a narrower waist.
danm is offline  
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
What's your foot size? I'm 5'5" 160 size 9 boot and ride a T.Rice 157 for all mountain... love it for charging and jumps but I'm looking at something different for next season with a narrower waist.
im a size 8.5 man, im assuming its much harder for you to turn on this mid wide board?
limeoasis is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clarkston, WA
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeoasis View Post
im a size 8.5 man, im assuming its much harder for you to turn on this mid wide board?
With 8.5 feet I would look at the Dark if you want to stay with Mervin. Personally I'm looking at the Gnu Billy Goat, NS Cobra and Raptor for next season...
All have a narrower waist than the T.Rice. Don't get me wrong, I love the board but it's a bit of work to turn if you're not maching...
danm is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
With 8.5 feet I would look at the Dark if you want to stay with Mervin. Personally I'm looking at the Gnu Billy Goat, NS Cobra and Raptor for next season...
All have a narrower waist than the T.Rice. Don't get me wrong, I love the board but it's a bit of work to turn if you're not maching...
for dark series and billy goat, im assuming you'd suggest a 156cm for my stats?
limeoasis is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clarkston, WA
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeoasis View Post
for dark series and billy goat, im assuming you'd suggest a 156cm for my stats?
YEP! If it's your only board and you get some pow days you might want to go one size up. Fortunately I have a 160 Mullet for pow days so I'm looking at 155-156 for my next all mountain board...
danm is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
YEP! If it's your only board and you get some pow days you might want to go one size up. Fortunately I have a 160 Mullet for pow days so I'm looking at 155-156 for my next all mountain board...
would the t rice 157 work as a pow board though? or its still on the short side, despite the blunted tips
limeoasis is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clarkston, WA
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeoasis View Post
would the t rice 157 work as a pow board though? or its still on the short side, despite the blunted tips
Only if you do a bunch of switch riding in pow...
danm is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Only if you do a bunch of switch riding in pow...
i see, hv you tried the t rice in 153 ? Im just wondering cuz the width is smaller on it
limeoasis is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome