1st day out with new setup, question. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
hurtbirdbath

Default 1st day out with new setup, question.

board felt good but my feet really started to cramp up and hurt.I noticed it happened last time I had went out this year on the rental but it was worse today.I think I was getting some front heel lift that I didnt get in the store. I also think the boots may be too big for me.My question really is , is this normal foot pain associated with snowboarding or is there a larger issue here like the boots? I have k2 t1 single boa(on the side) regardles I dont think these boots are gonna cut it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Metalhead505

If the boots are to big or to small they will hurt your feet, also you have to strech every muscle in you body and warm them up including you feet, also half way throw the day I like to take a 5-8 min break and take my boots off!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

The most foot pain that I experience is on the first run and then I'm good for the rest of the day. I don't even loosen or take my boots off when I go in for lunch. I'm not sure why it happens but I'm glad it's only one run. Anyway, one thing you can try to get rid of the pain is custom foot beds. You can get custom ones made at some ski and snowboard shops or you can get the do-it-yourselfers like "Superfeet". Also, check with the shop you bought you boots from to see if your boots are heat moldable. If this is the case, get them to heat mold the liners to your feet. Not all shop have the ovens to do this so you may have to ask around.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Metalhead505

Grimdog, about heat moldable boots you said up above, do some boots come with them already in them and you just have to do it or you got to buy them? Because I have 2008 Burton Tribute boots with the stock foot beds and I dont know if I can heat mold it or some crap like that!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead505 View Post
Grimdog, about heat moldable boots you said up above, do some boots come with them already in them and you just have to do it or you got to buy them? Because I have 2008 Burton Tribute boots with the stock foot beds and I dont know if I can heat mold it or some crap like that!
Alot of the newer boots do come with heat moldable liners. I would check with the Burton website to see if the Tributes are. I have last years Salomon Synapse boots and I know they are. However, if you have already worn your boots a few time already then they should have pretty much molded to you feet by now.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Metalhead505

So you dont need no ovens, you can just wear them and they mold, because I believe my boots are!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead505 View Post
So you dont need no ovens, you can just wear them and they mold, because I believe my boots are!
That's right. They mold to your foot with the heat generated whilst you wear them so if they're new you can heat mold them or just go out and ride a bunch of times and get the same result.

Last edited by Grimdog; 03-13-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

some might say that foot pain is something we do not need to endure in this day and age.

personally, i still think that despite our technologies, snowboarding still requires you to spend a lot of time on your feet, occasionally slapping and stamping them into the ground and so of course they will ache.

combine that with going on your toes, your heels, and tying up boots and bindings to be at least, very snug, i think pain is inevitable.

my feet never stop hurting whether i be playing hockey, riding the hill or marching around town. its just the way it is.

for you tho, with a new set up, you need time to break your gear in, not to mention for you to adjust to what works best / most comfortable.

so don't stress, just metal up for a while.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Augie09

I guess it depends on where your feet are getting sore, but for me it was the boots being to big. My arches started cramping. I rode an entire season cause I figured this must just be unavoidable, although all the rentals for years hadn't caused cramping, but I figured must be cause I am riding more this year. I tried footbeds, strectching, loosening lace, repositioning bindings and forward lean, nothing helped. It all went away when i bought smaller boots.

I still get pains and soresness, but nothing so bad that i need to stop riding. I think there's pain from general riding/new boots and then there's pain from having the completely wrong fit. just need to figure out how to tell the difference.