Pow Board to round out quiver - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

The amount of options is getting dizzying, lol. Good thing I still have a week or two til I actually get the money. thanks again for the replies.
bebop_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

i picked up a la nina-156 about a month ago and have barely even looked at any of my other boards since, it flat out rips everything to pieces anywhere but the park, and even there it works. some say the hybrid c1 tech does not lend well to switch riding, but i have not had any issues riding or landing switch..

i normally ride camber boards but have been on a lot of rocker/hybrid boards, and none of them did it for me for an everyday all conditions board. the mervin C1 hybrid tech in the la nina is perfect if you've traditionally ridden camber boards, and want a short flickable all mtn freestyle board that you can float effortlessly in the pow. it rides like camber, but floats like a rocker. i have a slackcounty 168 and i have not ridden it since i picked up my la nina 156. it's a directional board but feels more like a twin than i would've figured from the board specs; super deep sidecut with torsional stiffness so it's very fast edge to edge, absolutely rips in the trees and steeps, and it's got a super stiff poppy tail for ollies for breakfast, lunch, and a 5 course dinner.

it's hard to imagine until you climb aboard, but it's certainly a board i would consider if i were you, not a lot of reviews out there, i took a chance and i love it. good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited by huckfin; 01-31-2012 at 04:56 PM.
huckfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I love my T.Rice 157 in the pow, but whenever its strictly pow out there, i go grab the charlie slasher. it's the best for pow. capita made quite the gem.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

Default rocker boards are weak i n the grooomers

Tried a Burton Cruze in Juneau Alaska this Christmas(drove down from Whitehorse) no kidding 5 feet plus of powder. Using a lib-tech litigator conventional camber and was working hard to keep the board moving fast and not nosing in. Tried the burton cruze and it was impressive in the powder but I thought it was useless on the groomed runs. i mistakenly opened up my speed on the final descent before the chair and felt i had lost considerable control on the groomed portion of the run. As a result I had a minor fall and extended my arm to steady myself severly wrenching my arm -got a damn elbow sprain for my troubles. Took the board back to the shop bought a set of cheap hockey elbow pads and aneoprene brace and just kept on boarding. in short I went back to my Lib Tech because it was amuch better board across conditons.
hound is offline   Reply With Quote