Choosing first two boards, both by Endeavour - what length? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Choosing first two boards, both by Endeavour - what length?

Hey

I just finished my second snowboarding trip, which was in Les Arcs, France. Awesome fun! I've spent around three weeks on the slopes in total (but have done a lot of other board sports) and am bombing past 90% of people now + landing red jumps, so think it's time I get my first couple of boards.

For the record, I've been using 159cm traditional cambered rental boards to date. I'm 5'9", weigh 14 stone (88kg) (no, not fat!) and have UK size 12 feet, in case this affects anything.

Like most hobbies, I spent time finding a company that 'clicks' with me both aesthetically and in terms of design philosophy - and Endeavour seem to be it. I love their artwork and focus on quality over extravagant sounding technologies.

I'm looking for two boards; and yes I do like my stuff to look smart.

BOARD ONE - Park/Off-pieste
Endeavour Colour snowboard + Endeavour Stealth bindings
Firstly, Endeavour are releasing a new collaboration with Addict clothing in the form of their Color board with Addict's awesome camo design - unlike the cartoon graphics on the standard Color board. It's a rocker (reverse camber) and flexible, intended for park use.

Addict X Endeavor Snowboards C-Law .02 Snowboard 2011 | DeFY. New York-Sneakers,Music,Fashion,Life.

I want the white camo model on the left, which happens to be 158cm.

The green camo is 155cm and the yellow camo is 152cm.

It's been suggested a park board should be smaller.. I could deal with the green camo at a push - but the yellow is disgusting. Is 3cm really going to make much difference between each of them?

The white Stealth camo bindings will look badass with this and are rated as 5/10 for stiffness.

BOARD TWO - Mountain
Endeavour Live snowboard + Endeavour Live bindings

Straight forward enough. I want a traditional camber board for carving down the mountain fast. I figure the Live at either 159cm or 161cm with the matching Live bindings, which are pretty stiff makes sense?

I have a size 12 (UK) foot, would I need a wide version?

And I'll finish off with the Endeavour snowboard bag, job done!

Last edited by P-Ride; 01-30-2012 at 09:31 AM.
P-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i've never ridden these boards but they look like solid choices to me, your sizes and type selections seem good, the bindings look kind of low quality though.