So many boards which one for me? (Park) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Park Boards suggestions?!

Hey, alright so I have been trying to pick out a board for weeks and every time I think I have found one, I discover another one just as good or better. I'm from Tx so i don't really have the chance to demo many boards but I am moving to Colorado so i am gonna need a good board that will last me awhile and shred. Can you all help me out with suggestions.

I'm 5'10, 160 lbs, and I have a Size 11 boots. Park focused board. Something that can grab rails, hit jumps and stick landings very well but also it needs to be able to do well when i get bored at the park and wanna carve through some trees. And be decent through pow. I am fine with rocker or camber. Or hybrid hah. must be $500 or cheaper. A medium flex or lower. I want to be able to throw the board around (complete control), butter and spin like there's no tomorrow, but stable enough for landing 40+.

So I have found numerous boards that claim to do this but I cant pick which one. So getting opinions/suggestions for ANY board would be great.

Thanks A Lot!

Last edited by LiVeRideFcK; 01-30-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Changing title
LiVeRideFcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

Arbor Westmark 153 or Blacklist 154.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

I just read your opposing response from May about the blacklist lol. So i guess its a pretty good board if your suggesting it now. It looks pretty sick. Thanks for your help I will keep those in mind.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

I dunno, never ridden the Blacklist but I considered buying it. I'm on the Westmark and it's awesome fun. With your boot size being on the cusp between the two, that's why I suggested it.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well both of those boards seem to be sold out everywhere. Other suggestions anybody?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

never summer revolver, is at the top end of your price range but will last for a long time,
signal park flat, good features at a lower price.
stepchild jp walker pro or FTW
niche knew
rossignol jibsaw
Old 01-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiVeRideFcK View Post
Well both of those boards seem to be sold out everywhere. Other suggestions anybody?
Arbor Snowboards Men's Westmark 153 Snowboard 2012 - Sport Chalet
Doc's Ski Haus - Ski Store Los Angeles/Snowboard Store Los Angeles : Arbor Men's Westmark Snowboard (2012) - 100-213

Also Never Summer Evo, Forum Destroyer Doubledog, K2 Fastplant, Signal Park and Rocker Light and Salomon Drift Rocker (I want to demo this one, haven't yet).
Old 01-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

I think I have decided on the Never Summer Revolver. Cant decide if a 152 is a good size or not because thats the only good size dogfunk.com has. Know of any other sites that allow returning?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiVeRideFcK View Post
I think I have decided on the Never Summer Revolver. Cant decide if a 152 is a good size or not because thats the only good size dogfunk.com has. Know of any other sites that allow returning?
Probably a little small for you, at 155ish up from 140ish pounds I'm moving to 152 at THE SMALLEST for riding park at even just Bear.

First two options are probably your best, though the Signal Park Flat in a 154 would also be a really good option too. Under $400, sintered, flat means less energy to ride but good snap since you don't have to cancel out rocker to get to your tips, and Signals bases are the fastest and most durable I have personally had experience with.

If all else fails, you should be able to find yourself a Flow Verve or Era at this time of year, and those are both killer everywhere on the mountain.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah I agree. Something about the revolver's edge is supposed to make it feel longer but 152 is still to small. And the signal park flat sounds perfect as well it had great reviews but i just had a Ride Agenda, which is a flat base that rockers out slightly after each binding, and i hated it. It limited me everywhere. So don't want to take that chance again with a flat board.

I'm now deciding between the Doubledog wide 154 and the Revolver 155 both seem pretty sick. Started a poll between the 2 but still open for opinions. I appreciate the help!