Help me choose a Neversummer board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help me choose a Neversummer board

I will be buying a new board in a month or so and have been eyeing the premier f1 since last year, but I am not 100% sure on my decision anymore, perhaps the heritage will be a better choice?

Freeride rider
190 lbs.
5'9"
9. 5/10 boot size
28 yrs old
Socal resident frequenting mountain high / bear / Baldy, and every once in a while Mammoth Mountain.
advanced level rider.

I have been riding on a seven year old traditional camber 154 board forever and i feel like it is limiting my progress, as if I have plateaued. I like to ride down blacks, between trees, down the steeps, and groomers. I guess that i relate best towards Freeride style of boarding, i stay away from the park and pipe sections of the Mountain.

I want a board that will perform well in those areas that I listed and also perform well in some pow just in case I'm at mammoth when they have crazy snow.

Will the premier f1 suffice? Or should I take a look at the heritage? Or maybe a board from another manufacturer? I haven't done much research on other brands, and i wouldn't want to pay much more than $ 550.
Thanks in advance
enVmyIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just got the Proto and that baby floats. Definitely a med flex board. I'm on the ice coast so don't ever really see powder, but heard it holds up pretty well. The carbonium topsheet is a savior!!
swanesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think the premier fits the bill pretty well. Fast and damp for charging groomers and has quick turning response for riding in the trees.

I ride a '10 Premier and love it.
LuckyRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm also a little confused about the length, according to the thread in the faq, i should get the 161, but I have heard a few people here say that the newer hybrid camber boards can be ridden shorter in length. Coming from a 154, i have no clue what to expect from a 161.
I want to keep things on the fun side and not have to "work hard" to stay up on the board
enVmyIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have been contemplating the same thing. If you don't go to the park, then the premier f1 is the way to go. The premier f1 is also less expensive then the Heritage. IMO the heritage looks a loot cooler, but thats not important
ilikecoupons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's kinda odd NS don't have a sizing/weight chart on the website
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post

I think it has something to do with thier philosphy that the rider's style and rider's preference dictates the size board they ride.

OP if you have questions about sizing give NS a call.

For reference I'm 5'10", 175lbs and ride a 157 Premier.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
When you email NS (info@neversummer.com) - they are philosophically against sizing/weight charts believing that it is pretty much all preference - Jibbers already push the limit on how short you can go... but the reverse is true for freeriders (i.e. if you know what you are doing, you can never go too long).

To the OP... In my opinion, an older 154 cm board is really short for someone 190 lbs and only freeriding. I'm 5'9" 155 lbs and I ride a 154 park board (Proto CT) myself and a 161 for a freeride board. My previous all-mountain board combo board was a 2009 SL 155.

I would say the 161 Premier F1 is a good starting point - although I think the Premier F1 is a traditional camber board (Update: I'm wrong, I checked the page and missed the huge RC tech stamp at the top of the page). Also you might want to check out the Raptor 159 (I'm choosing the shortest length of the Raptor to keep it playful for you). Heritage is a great board, but since you said zero park... I think the Premier or Raptor is more for you.

Update: I'm an idiot, there is a huge R.C. tech stamp at the top of the page (I was looking for it to mentioned in the text).

Last edited by lonerider; 01-30-2012 at 04:53 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

5' 11.5" 175lbs i ride a proto ct 160
ArmyOfSkittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
although I'm pretty sure the Premier F1 is a traditional camber board.
nope

10char