Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Help me find a good board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/46131-help-me-find-good-board.html)

Matt578 01-30-2012 05:12 PM

Help me find a good board

So I've been slowly upgrading everything in my setup from cheap to mid-range, and so far I've gotten a Liquid Boardwear jacket and pants, Smith Prodigy goggles, Burton Freestyle bindings (I was only able to get a cheap pair because the used board I was getting didn't have bindings :P) and most likely Burton Goretex mittens that I am getting within the next week. I also have a pair of Flow Decade boots that I got about three years ago, and are so comfortable. All of this has been in the last two years.

Next, I'm looking to upgrade my board within the next year or so, because I was told that once I stop growing taller, I could buy a new board.

My current one is a K2 Fuse, not sure what year, but it's a camber made for powder/freeriding, because it's binding holes are set back.

I like to do a bit of everything, however I have recently been getting into park. I don't want a super buttery board, I would like it to be in between.

I would like to stick to camber, but hybrid would be good as well.

Also, I'd like to have the price around less than 400. I'm around 5' 6", and I don't know if shoe size matters, but I do have some toe drag; I'm a size 11 shoe but my boots are 9's and still going...figure that out...:P I'm an intermediate rider and have gone off-piste in the trees and shtuff.

Thanks!

-Matt

Riley212 01-30-2012 05:28 PM

Go to this website and pick a few that you think are good then come back and ask. so we know what you are looking for.Freestyle Snowboards from Dogfunk.com

Matt578 01-30-2012 05:38 PM

NS Evo, Burton Custom, Burton Process, Ride DH, these type boards are what I am looking for with a mid flex and are good with most terrain. I don't like the prices of these other than the Process, which is okayish, and the DHK is 250, but I'm not sure if it fits me...

Riley212 01-30-2012 07:34 PM

the dhk is a kids board, it would help if you narrowed it down to a few boards that you would like and can afford.

Matt578 01-30-2012 08:27 PM

Gnu Carbon Credit BTX, Burton Honcho, Signal Omni Wavelength, Arbor Blacklist, and Rome Crail. These are all in my price range and do what I would like them to do. Which ones are better? I expect the GNU would be good, but I'm not sure.

Matt578 02-25-2012 02:03 PM

Time to bring this thread back; I've gotten much more information on boards and it's much more likely now that I may be getting a new board soon. I'm looking at the GNU Park Pickle, because it's like the Skate Banana, but is supposedly slightly stiffer which is better for higher speeds out of the park. Are there any boards like the Pickle that I should check out?

My price range is now anything less than $500, a store I was just at had a Pickle and Banana (and other boards) for 30% off.